Friday the 8th of May, 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salt and pepper

Executive Chef
Chicken & Sausage Gumbo,

img_1421033_0_a22112c8cd7d0aa09f6e718a0bfb8297.jpg

Stir-fry with pork, red bell peppers, pea pods, mushrooms in a secret sauce, over rice or noodles.

Having band practice at my house tonight. Going to feed the band some lasagne and salad. I made up this pear and blue cheese(St. Agur) tart for after. Hopefully after the wine with dinner and liquors for dessert, we can still concentrate on music..
uj1ayVX.jpg

Friday the 8th

Very nice, S&P and Rock. :yum: OK, Andy, spill it. What's your secret sauce?

We're going with Thai takeout: vegetable spring rolls and stir-fried ginger scallion with shrimp.

Last edited:
I wish I had a Thai restaurant close enough for takeout. DH is out golfing with friends and will go to dinner with them afterward, so I'm on my own. Probably a big salad and bread for dinner. There might be a leftover piece of sautéed chicken in the fridge to put on top.

I hard boiled some eggs for the big salad with eggs and cheese. I'll probably make blue cheese dressing to go with it.

... OK, Andy, spill it. What's your secret sauce?...

A little bit of this and a little bit of that. Soy and oyster sauces, garlic and ginger, dry sherry, cornstarch, a little chicken broth and a splash of sesame oil. I think that covers it.

Friday the 8th

A little bit of this and a little bit of that. Soy and oyster sauces, garlic and ginger, dry sherry, cornstarch, a little chicken broth and a splash of sesame oil. I think that covers it.

Hmm. Sounds very much like my secret sauce.

That Gumbo and Tart look wonderful guys!

I'm doing American Chop Suey tonight. Actually, I don't think I've ever done it, or it was so long ago I forgot. I followed your recipe pretty closely Andy, although I threw in about 2 Tbs of Porchini mushroom powder, and a tsp. of Magi. I had enough to freeze a small casserole for another time. SC is making glorified green salads.

That Gumbo and Tart look wonderful guys!

I'm doing American Chop Suey tonight. Actually, I don't think I've ever done it, or it was so long ago I forgot. I followed your recipe pretty closely Andy, although I threw in about 2 Tbs of Porchini mushroom powder, and a tsp. of Magi. I had enough to freeze a small casserole for another time. SC is making glorified green salads.

Thems fancy fixins for ACS, Kayelle.

Just went with a spring greens salad, heirloom tomatoes, radishes, Chinese pea pods, grated Gouda cheese, leftover roasted chicken breast, blanched asparagus, blueberries, chopped blanched almonds, and a balsamic blueberry vinegar EVOO dressing, S&P. It was too hot to cook.

Nice pics, Joey, Rock, and Taxy! Good sounding and inspiring meals all around here tonight. :yum:

I was hoping to grill the pork shoulder steak I thawed yesterday, but the sky suddenly clouded over and we got a good rain. I put the steak back in the coldest part of the fridge and will try again tomorrow. :LOL:

Meanwhile, my tomatoes are ripening almost faster than I can use them, so I ended up with a stove top grilled tomato and mozzarella on sourdough, and watermelon.

Last edited:
I WAS full when I started this thread. What, with all the yummy pictures, I'm almost hungry again! :LOL:

Spent way too long running errands and shopping today. At Market Basket, my last stop, I decided to treat Himself to lunch meat. Every once in a while he likes salami or bologna or something. Brought home 1/4 pound of each of those, plus some Va. ham and roasted turkey breast. A bit of Muenster slices, since mine look too butchered when I slice off a block. I had a ham and Muenster on a pretzel bagel, toasted until the cheese got melty. Himself made a "some-of" sandwich with almost all the meats (omitted turkey) and some provolone cheese we had on hand, drizzled with Italian sub oil. We DID have bowls of mixed fruits salad to redeem ourselves! :LOL:

Just had dessert. It was something we haven't tried before, Häagen Dazs Gelato Limoncello. Oh my, that was superb. We will be buying that again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom