Friday's chow-down 12/13/19 What's Cookin'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gochujang honey roasted chicken and potatoes with a side of steamed green beans drizzled with sesame oil.

Attachments

• 2019-12-13 19.43.22.jpg
    2019-12-13 19.43.22.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 83
Naked hamburger and mashed. Homemade chocolate chip cookies for dessert.

SO is off in Florida helping her sister following surgery. That's my cue to eat things she dislikes.

Tonight's dinner was loin lamb chops, bulgar pilaf and string beans with almonds along with a glass of cabernet sauvignon.

I seared the chops in a cast iron skillet and finished them in the TO. I really love lamb.

Attachments

• 6F133005-2C2E-4820-8D42-A9D4F3A17130_1_201_a.jpg
    6F133005-2C2E-4820-8D42-A9D4F3A17130_1_201_a.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 85
Had sautéed Honey Bourbon Sriracha glazed Jumbo Prawns with Rice.

Yeah, I know - no green/veggies on the plate ! My bad, but I excuse it by saying I'm on a weight loss kick, seriously counting calories and carbs, and trying to convince myself that smaller portions will do the job each day -but that's just crap, I know....

BTW, all the above meals look & sound absolutely SUPER !!

Attachments

• IMG_9143 Honey Bourbon Prawns.jpg
    IMG_9143 Honey Bourbon Prawns.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
SO is off in Florida helping her sister following surgery. That's my cue to eat things she dislikes.

Tonight's dinner was loin lamb chops, bulgar pilaf and string beans with almonds along with a glass of cabernet sauvignon.

I seared the chops in a cast iron skillet and finished them in the TO. I really love lamb.

I'm with you all the way, Andy - I love lamb too - any which way !

I made a favorite mushroom barley soup today - got some leeks at the market yesterday, and I remembered this recipe, that I hadn't made for a while, since it has the leek in it. I have a good number of leftovers now!

Great looking plate Andy..did you get those chops at Costco? I actually prefer them to the rack of lamb there. How I love their lamb.

We had grilled half 'n half burgers (bacon/gr. beef)on toasted buns with cheese/tomato/red onion/romaine leaf. Potato salad & chips on the side.

We are still feeling like crap. Having construction workers hammering on the neighbours' roof from 7 AM didn't help. So, we ordered out again. We got tom yum soup and chicken pad Thai. That worked well.

Did our breakfast for dinner thing again.. Been doing that a lot lately..

Biscuits and Italian sausage gravy..

Coconut cake for dessert..

Ross

So glad to see there are fellow shrimp lovers here. Ran out of time to cook last night, so ordered in Cashew Shrimp for me and Beef Teriyaki for DH. As usual, plenty of leftovers, so there is lunch for today. lol

We had a lot of leftovers from the week, so we ate those. A pan-roasted chicken thigh with scalloped potatoes for me and hummus with Turkish meatballs for DH.

Back
Top Bottom