Friday's Chow Down 6/22/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ive been craving a pizza. Since the temp has been around 90ºF, I had the bright idea to cook it on the grill. Brilliant! Except there are potential thunder showers in the area so I don't know if I should use the oven or the grill. I have to decide soon.

Last edited:
I'll be making a stir-fry from garden and store veggies and chicken. Got the chicken, zucchini, yellow squash, red and green bell pepper and onion chopped up, sauce mixture in a bowl, garlic, ginger and scallion seasoning ready. Just waiting for DH to get home from his trip to start it up.

Camper pies in the fire pit on the deck
(sloppy Joe) and lemon camper pies for desert.

Ribs with KC Masterpiece Honey Teriyaki sauce
Fried rice
Japanese Cucumber Salad

Alix said:
Lasagna and salad. Too full for the rhubarb crisp now.

Huh? Rhubarb crisp you say?

Checking Kayak.com...

Last edited:
I gave up doing the low carb thing for summer. We had fusilli carbonara, made with prosciutto (it was getting on) and pecorino Romano. It was yummy, maybe a bit salty. Had a very simple salad (curly lettuce & shaved onion) with homemade garlic vinaigrette.

IMG_3095.JPG

IMG_3098.JPG

Dessert was frozen, berry daiguiris. I knew that Magic Bullet was good for something. ;)

IMG_3100.JPG

Thanks for the pics. Looks like reasonable sized portions and either large knives & forks or smallish dinner plates. Once sliced, prosciutto does not seem to hold up well.

Last edited:
I rarely cook on Fridays, having decided many moons ago that Friday is Claire's night off. We ate at the brew-pub in town, then had a friend her for drinks on the porch after.

I gave up doing the low carb thing for summer. We had fusilli carbonara, made with prosciutto (it was getting on) and pecorino Romano. It was yummy, maybe a bit salty. Had a very simple salad (curly lettuce & shaved onion) with homemade garlic vinaigrette.

IMG_3095.JPG

IMG_3098.JPG

Dessert was frozen, berry daiguiris. I knew that Magic Bullet was good for something. ;)

IMG_3100.JPG

Everything looks good!!

We had chicken noodle soup. I had half a cheese sandwich and a few pretzels with mine.

Thanks for the pics. Looks like reasonable sized portions and either large knives & forks or smallish dinner plates. Once sliced, prosciutto does not seem to hold up well.
The plates are from the '70s. I just measured them. They are 9" in diameter. I like the smaller size of older plates. The knives and forks are from ~1915.

The silverware looks very elegant.
Thank you. It's not something I would have bought. It was part of my mother's estate. I don't think she ever used it. I think she bought it so my sister and I would inherit it. I use it every day, since it doesn't break.

Back
Top Bottom