"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 12-30-2011, 11:54 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

beauty, ppt!!!

we went out to our favourite little italian restaurant for their great early bird specials. 4 courses, a drink, and coffee for $14. the portions are just right so while you don't walk out with a doggie bag, you waddle out stuffed.

we shared everything, starting with bufala mozzarella en carozzo, and oddly enough, snails marinara, although they weren't sea snails...

the snails were good as usual, and the mozzarella was a big, gooey wedge of sweet, creamy, buffalo mozz in an interesting crust that reminded me if a beer batter.

then we had house salads in a creamy house made lemon and garlic vinaigrette.

for entrees, we shared tilapia oreganata, veal pizzaola, and chicken parm. sides of freshly made fusilli.

desserts, not shared , were chocolate cake, lemon - coconut cake, and vanilla ice cream.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:07 AM   #22
Executive Chef

Arghhhh !! I'm starting New tupperware containers of things that aren't even Leftovers yet. Even before leftover things get used up. Arghhhhh !! It's begining to look like things are going to be overlooked as so many plastic containers are starting to stack up and look the same and get mixed up. It's a good thing I have lots of lids that match. Sliced mushrooms, a little onion and snipped some parsley and green onion tops for the morning. Fruit cut up and put in a bowl. There is chicken thawing for satay skewers for dinner. Need to marinate them tomorrow. Don't know when to begin thawing frozen shrimp.

I have tomorrow's breakfast - brunch together/ or planned. Loaded scrambled eggs, fresh asparagus, bacon, carrot cake muffins, fruit, juice, coffee. Pretty good. I didn't know I had cousins in town until yesterday and I didn't have to go to the store AGAIN. Yay! NYE dinner is changing. It will be a surprise for my DxW. Dinner is now shrimp skewers and chicken satays. I am going to GRILL them. I have Never grilled on New Years, always too cold. The Chicken will be a surprise, as it's one of her fave's. She thinks we are having shrimp appies and stove top cast iron pan cooked steaks. I'm sacrificing the aspargus for breakfast. I can make Guacamole and veggies for appies and just a salad and no veggie. Big change. I will toss potatoes on the grill first since they take longer to cook. Whoo hoo.

Dinner tonight was was nuclear baked potato with some sour cream and butter and sprinkled with a little green onion and leftover half of an acorn squash and a handful of Doritos. Surprisingly, I am full. Or tired.

Old 12-31-2011, 04:16 AM   #23
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Bean View Post
Homemade mac-n-cheese with bacon added.. possibly some veggies.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:23 AM   #24
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
beauty, ppt!!!

we went out to our favourite little italian restaurant for their great early bird specials. 4 courses, a drink, and coffee for $14. the portions are just right so while you don't walk out with a doggie bag, you waddle out stuffed.

we shared everything, starting with bufala mozzarella en carozzo, and oddly enough, snails marinara, although they weren't sea snails...

the snails were good as usual, and the mozzarella was a big, gooey wedge of sweet, creamy, buffalo mozz in an interesting crust that reminded me if a beer batter.

then we had house salads in a creamy house made lemon and garlic vinaigrette.

for entrees, we shared tilapia oreganata, veal pizzaola, and chicken parm. sides of freshly made fusilli.

desserts, not shared , were chocolate cake, lemon - coconut cake, and vanilla ice cream.
sounds very, very delish, except for the snails.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:51 AM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire

That looks delicious, Bean.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:03 AM   #26
Head Chef

Vanilla Bean that looks good.