Friday's Dinner Sept 27

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Yowza, no one started the thread yet? We're having stroganoff, egg noodles, yellow wax beans and a big green salad.

Nothing exciting here, we just had leftovers, pasta with meat sauce for SO and baked ravioli for me with a big salad.

I have to remember to grow yellow beans next summer. I have green beans coming out my ears. AND I rediscoverd 3 bean salad as a fav this summer.

It's what's for dinner. Mine has diced cukes, onion and tomatoes. Not to sound greedy, I have consumed 2/3 of the quiche I made yesterday. I think I like the silky custard the best.

We went to Longhorn Steakhouse. I had a small sirloin with grilled shrimp, sweet potato and salad. I'm stuffed! It was really good.

Yowza, no one started the thread yet? We're having stroganoff, egg noodles, yellow wax beans and a big green salad.

We were waiting for you :rolleyes:
I just finished a steak, garlic bread, mushrooms and puttanesca over gnocchi.

Pot roast from the crock pot (love, love, love how yummy the onions get!) with buttered egg noodles. I used a jar of my own tomatoes with some beef broth to help reduce the sodium for DH. Turned out tasty. Plus, awesome left overs!

Leftover turkey and stuff. We'd talked about going out, but I took the day off, and going out would have meant putting on makeup and getting dressed.

I finished up the Buffalo Wings from the other night, about to make a hot chocolate before going to bed.

Leftover turkey and stuff. We'd talked about going out, but I took the day off, and going out would have meant putting on makeup and getting dressed.
I love how you think. I plan my errands so I can do everything in one day - and one make-up and "going-out-in-public clothes" day! :LOL:

Since it was a make-up day today we had an easy dinner: rotisserie chicken, nuked frozen corn, Grands biscuits. Won't be lazy again for a while with all the food I brought home from the store today. :wacko:

We had Mrs Hoot's most excellent Swiss Steak. Now, it ain't from Switzerland. It uses what we call cube steak in these parts. The term "swiss" comes from the process of putting meat through rollers to perforate the meat. The meat is dredged in seasoned flour and browned on both sides. It is then braised slowly in a mixture of a little water, (not too much!), tomatoes, onions and bell peppers. The meat is so tender, you can cut it with a spoon. Served over rice......Mighty good!

Oh dear lord, that sounds so good. I think gnocchi is going on the list for this week.

Same here! It has been a while since I made any. Hmmmm.. maybe a sweet potato or a butternut squash gnocchi.

We had Mrs Hoot's most excellent Swiss Steak. Now, it ain't from Switzerland. It uses what we call cube steak in these parts. The term "swiss" comes from the process of putting meat through rollers to perforate the meat. The meat is dredged in seasoned flour and browned on both sides. It is then braised slowly in a mixture of a little water, (not too much!), tomatoes, onions and bell peppers. The meat is so tender, you can cut it with a spoon. Served over rice......Mighty good!

Hmmmm .. I think I have a second dinner idea for the week. Thanks Hoot!!

I think I will have to make this.

Hoot! You've gone from hillbilly to trucker :LOL:
Good looking trim on your beard. I had thought you shaved it all off when you had that interview.
And I love Swiss steak. I think mom used to use round steak and tenderize it. Same difference I suppose. She would always make to kinds; one for my dad and sister who liked the tomato based sauce and one for her and me that liked the brown gravy. My first experience for eating marrow, too :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom