Friday's Fare - 8-24 Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Went with Harry's Rendang tonight. It was out of this world. I likey!!
That's what we're having. How much coconut milk was in the can of coconut milk that you used? I think I may have put too much, because after 45 minutes, it's still awfully wet. I don't think this will adversely affect the flavour.

Oh yeah, that was really tasty. Stirling really liked it too. This recipe is a keeper. I didn't have any red chilies, so I used some green ones. I'm not familiar with these particular chilies, so I only used three. They are about an inch to an inch and a half long, so I was a little wary of the heat level. I'll use four or five next time.

We'll have lemon mousse for dessert in about half an hour, when we have room for more food. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_3229.jpg
    IMG_3229.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 140
pacanis said:
Tonight will be grilled HOT wings and a taco salad made from last night's leftovers along with crumbled nacho cheese Doritos and Catalina dressing.

Pac, when I tended bar at a small chain Mexican restaurant, they served the best taco salad dressed with a combo of salsa and Catalina dressing, so good!

GotGarlic said:
Oddly enough, today was orientation day for culinary school for me, but I hardly slept last night I was so excited :w00t2: so we're ordering pizza. We grew up in Michigan on Domino's, and I love the sauce (I always order extra sauce on mine), as well as the garlic oil they put on the crust, and we haven't had it in a while, so I can't wait. :yum:

I grew up very close to Battle Creek where Dominos originated. It is good sauce, but there was a pizza joint near me called Volcano's Pizza. It was SO good.
We often have pizza on Friday night, but tonight was a munchie night. I put some frozen appetizers in the oven and had raw veggies with them. Then it was off to Culvers for the cruise in and some frozen custard.

Oh yeah, that was really tasty. Stirling really liked it too. This recipe is a keeper. I didn't have any red chilies, so I used some green ones. I'm not familiar with these particular chilies, so I only used three. They are about an inch to an inch and a half long, so I was a little wary of the heat level. I'll use four or five next time.

We'll have lemon mousse for dessert in about half an hour, when we have room for more food. ;)

That looks great Taxy :chef:

You've been eating a lot of salmon lately. I need a salmon fix bad. Everytime I see you mention salmon I want some. :)

Yes, we like to have Atlantic Salmon at least once a week, not only does it tase fabulous but it is so good for you too ;)

It is a pity it is so expensive, though I understand why :)

There are some things I never change, Dawg, and Catalina dressing on a taco salad is one of them. A local bar here made their's that way.

I'm going to have to follow that link, Tax, that looks delcious.

I went for a lazy dinner! Baked some sweet potato fries (from Trader Joe's) and some uncured chicken hot dogs (also from Trader Joe's) on wheat rolls.

Those chicken hot dogs were fantastic! I don't eat a lot of hot dogs, but I'll definitely buy more, they were tasty, no nitrates, low fat, low calorie. They were some of the best tasting hot dogs that I've had in a while.

My hot wings from last night, ready to come off the grill, basted with a mixture of Frank's Hot Sauce and Sriracha (and dusted with cayenne pepper early on... I said they were going to be hot ;)). Served with Ken's Steakhouse blue cheese dressing. The taco salad didn't get a pic. You would have only seen a layer of crushed Doritos on top :angel:

Attachments

• hot wings.jpg
    hot wings.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 180
Thanks. I'd gladly trade you some wings for your breakfast dinner last night!

Back
Top Bottom