Friday's treats - May 30, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
I'll bite...I'm assuming some of you will be cooking. I sorta made this:

Turmeric and Saffron: Abgousht Bozbash - Persian Lamb Stew with Black-Eyed Peas and Herbs

Except I added some braised chicken thighs, braised the lamb ribs I had, used black beans, my friend's curry, red pepper flakes, anchovy paste, capers, potatoes...spinach, chopped rhubarb. (I ate two bowls...so yes, it was good, not a stew, rather a soup).

This is what mine looked like:

Attachments

• CWS_05_30_2014.jpg
    CWS_05_30_2014.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
I'll be making a little quick tomato sauce with mushrooms (crimini and dry porcini) to go over some spaghetti.

I haven't decided how ambitious I want to be tonight. DH will be home late from a workshop and I already have a light dish ready for him - sesame noodles with pork and veggies. I may just make a big salad for myself.

I'm thinking one skillet dinner of jambalaya. DH is traveling home tonight and not sure when he'll arrive. This is something easy to reheat if he's not home when suppertime rolls around.

Tonight is rainbow trout fillets with caramelized scallions in extra virgin olive oil and dry white wine. Served with basmati rice and steamed asparagus.

Deep dark devil's food cake with dark chocolate ganache for dessert.

Lamb burgers, sweet potato fries. Left over marinated cucumber salad.

Leftover chicken, salmon and turkey taco meat in make your own salads.

Tomorrow we are done with the cleanse part of our candida diet and can start adding back some starches and fruit. :)

We had a whirlwind trip to Nashville today for an appointment with my orthopaedic doctor, which meant we had to get up at o'dark hundred since the appointment was at 7:30 a.m. it takes us 3 hours to get to Nashville, so we definitely were tired by mid-afternoon.

Thank goodness for leftovers and fresh veggies. We had leftover oven-fried Italian chicken, fresh corn-on-the-cob, leftover Cajun potato salad, iced tea and blackberry cobbler.

We were full, but two tired bears.

We had a whirlwind trip to Nashville today for an appointment with my orthopaedic doctor, which meant we had to get up at o'dark hundred since the appointment was at 7:30 a.m. it takes us 3 hours to get to Nashville, so we definitely were tired by mid-afternoon.

Thank goodness for leftovers and fresh veggies. We had leftover oven-fried Italian chicken, fresh corn-on-the-cob, leftover Cajun potato salad, iced tea and blackberry cobbler.

We were full, but two tired bears.
Someone else who says "o'dark hundred"! Ex-military by chance? The only people I've ever heard say that have military in their background. My dad (ret. USN) says that, and a friend who was retired Canadian forces would say that. I, of course, say it because of my dad.

Back
Top Bottom