"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 03-18-2006, 08:44 PM   #1
Master Chef

Frozen Foods

What kind of frozen foods to you keep on stock in your freezer?

I keep assorted frozen vegies: peas, corn, cubed hash browns, stir fry vegies, homemade tomato products, and home-frozen packages of sauteed sliced mushrooms, chopped bags of onion, green onion, leek, celery, and peppers. I generally have boneless and bone in chicken breasts, leg quarters, and whole chickens. I always have a turkey and a boneless pork loin on hand. There's lots of venison and venison salami in their, assorted packages of sea-food, a couple packages of bass fillets, and ziplock bags of leftovers.
There are packages of bacon, ham hocks, and beef soup bones, and ziplocks of homemade chicken and turkey broths.
We also have puff pastry, phyllo dough, and pie crusts.

I haven't mentioned the bread yet...we always have an assortmen of breads and buns in the freezer.

Old 03-18-2006, 09:01 PM   #2
Senior Cook

WOW!!! Well, currently, frozen broccoli, peas, green beans, some chicken breasts, crispy chicken strips, ICE CREAM!!, and cream of wheat! my freezer sounds pretty empty compared to yours, Constance! I would never wonder what to cook if I had access to your freezer! How does your bread perform after having been frozen?

The Glory of God is Man Fully Alive!
Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 09:14 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Butter, ice cream, pine nuts, edamame, jagermeister, 80/20 hamburger, ny steak, chicken breasts, chorizo
Old 03-18-2006, 09:16 PM   #4
Master Chef

Bread freezes really well, Jen.

Why don't you come on over, and we'll see what we can cook? HB is good on the grill or deep-fryer, as well as being a great sous chef and dishwasher!
Old 03-18-2006, 09:25 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Broccoli, brussels sprouts (2), veg medley, won tons skins, dumplings, chicken breasts, ground beef, pork, white castle sliders, ice cream, shredded cheeses, eggplant parm, pizza, stir-fry asparagus, meatballs, stuffed shells, manicotti, breaded shrimp, egg rolls, chopped onions, perogies (potato & cheese, onion & potato), hot dogs, cinnamin rolls, Grands biscuits, orange juice, bagels. There's probably more, but I can't see the back of the freezer

P.S. No room for ice cubes.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:40 PM   #6
Master Chef

Yeah, Mish...I'm afraid to even contemplate what sort of stuff is lurking in the bottom of the deep freeze. Guess I'm going to have to get Jesse over here to take a dive and see what he can find.

The freezer in my new refrigerator of my dreams is on the bottom and pulls out like a drawer. You can see everything that's on the bottom, then pull another shelf out, and there's the ice and lots of little stuff.

Merry Christmas and Happy 59th Birthday to me!
Old 03-18-2006, 09:53 PM   #7
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constance
Yeah, Mish...I'm afraid to even contemplate what sort of stuff is lurking in the bottom of the deep freeze. Guess I'm going to have to get Jesse over here to take a dive and see what he can find.

The freezer in my new refrigerator of my dreams is on the bottom and pulls out like a drawer. You can see everything that's on the bottom, then pull another shelf out, and there's the ice and lots of little stuff.

Merry Christmas and Happy 59th Birthday to me!

The bf thought it funny to tell his daughter how long my ice cream's been in there. Forgot about your new fridge. It sure looked pretty. Mine kind of groans in the middle of the night. Time to go shopping, again.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:20 AM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Meat and bread mostly.
Bananas and zucchini that are ready for making in to bread
but.. I don't like frozen veggies so there are none in my freezer.
Old 03-19-2006, 03:42 PM   #9
Assistant Cook

Meat, fruit that i picked from my garden last year, home made soup, home made curry & chilli
bread, lots of fish,
Old 03-19-2006, 04:11 PM   #10
Head Chef

I know I have 5 turkeys and a lg spiral ham. Usually ful of venison but not this year and we really miss that. Ok lets see, about 25 qts of home grown corn,15 qts beets, 7 qts cabbage, 15 pts chopped green peppers. 8 pts. celery, 3 lbs brats, 2 qts kraut. 7 qts rhubarb,3 pks of cut up chicken, 1 lg corned beef, 2 cornish game hens,2 loaves of made bread and 1 pk (5 loaves) frozen bread. 1 gal. chili,3 pks of pork chops. 5 lbs of burger, bird suet, 4 ice packs,1 pk of pumpkin,1 pk of squash. Ok thats the freezer in the basement. frige freezer has 3 qt pail ice cream (vanilla), 2 pts strawberries,2 lb burger, 1 loaf banana bread, 1 pk of bluegills, 1 pk norhtern, 4 pk of cheese, 2 pk celery, 2pk peppers, 2 pk chopped onions, 1 pk casings for making sausage, 3 sm pk of sliced ham, 3 sm pks of sliced corned beef.1 loaf of frozen bread dough, 1 pk pork chops. 2 frozen orange juice and last 2 lbs pork sausage.