Funky Friday Feast for Evening Meal 8/16/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went to Costco, so I brought home a rotisserie chicken. The plan is to have that with fettuccine Alfredo using the fettuccine I have leftover from the last time I made fresh pasta and a salad.
Well, I made Margaritas since it's the start of the weekend and lost all motivation to make the salad.

The fettuccine Alfredo wasn't quite right. It tasted fine, but forgot to take the pan off the heat when I added the cheese - it clumped. Not pretty, but still tasty. One of these days I'll get it right. At least the failed attempts taste good. :rolleyes:

We had Casal Mendes, a lovely Portuguese rosé wine. I'm feeling, uhm, happy.

Last edited:
Well, I made Margaritas since it's the start of the weekend and lost all motivation to make the salad....

Limes are green, lettuce is green. I see no problem with the switch. ;)

Grocery shopped today so we had must-goes: pork chops, mac & cheese, Himself finished the last of a cantaloupe, I cleaned up the last piece of watermelon. (Bought one of each "bowling ball" today - have to get the summer fruits while they're in-season. :yum: ) Picked up a bear claw to split for dessert when I stopped for bread. No margaritas here tonight (killed a couple limes last night though) but I'm moving on to red wine later. It's downright chilly right now! In five days I'll be bi...crabbing about the heat. :LOL:

Sounds yummy :yum: Have you posted the recipe for the cornmeal yeast rolls? That sounds especially yummy. I way overdid making yeast rolls after I discovered how to do the dough in the bread machine last Thanksgiving, but this is different! :LOL:

No it's not!!! You can't fool us!:ROFLMAO:

Chicken Fried Rice, Pork and veggie potstickers, chicken and garlic wontons. Made a dipping sauce for Shrek a little Ponzu sauce with sriracha, sesame oil and honey, tasty...the wontons were spicier.

For dessert I picked up an Angel Food cake and had sugar macerated strawberries with that.

Thanks for sharing Katie :)

I don't think I have but can't really post the recipe openly because of copyright rules. However...check out the following:

CORNMEAL PAN ROLLS
(Makes 18 rolls)

2 1/2 cups bread flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
2 1/4 tsp. active dry yeast
1 tsp. salt
1 cup warm water
2 Tbsp. softened butter
1 egg, beaten

Throw it all in your bread machine and set on DOUGH cycle. When finished, shape into 18 rolls and put into a greased pan and set to rise in a warm, draft-free area for about 45 minutes. They should double in size. Bake in preheated 400F oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and brush soft butter on tops of rolls.

I bought my bread machine in 1999 and it has never been used to actually make bread as it is designed to do. I use it exclusively to do the kneading and for the first rise of my bread products. I used to make bread the "old-fashioned" way but arthritis in both my hands put an end to that. So, now, my trusty bread machine is my best friend for those tasks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom