"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 11-01-2005, 04:33 PM   #11
Head Chef

yeah, we call her Little Bighead. she is a great cook. but its difficult for me to look at her for too long. she creeps me out!

Old 11-01-2005, 04:38 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylegsbig
i can't take her show seriously anymore. Call me childish, but....

everytime i look at her i just see her huge, oversized head and her large man hands. sometimes i get hypnotized.
Talk about oversized....that mouth, WOW!

Old 11-01-2005, 05:25 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Just a reminder - this is how it started over at Food TV then it got more and more out of hand. Most of you will probably remember that when Food TV went down I did not allow the bashing over here that went on there. Please keep in mind that this is a human being we are talking about with feelings and there is no need to put her down in any way. None of us have any control over our features - if we did we would all look like Christy Brinkley and George Clooney (you know what I mean )

Thanks.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 05:31 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Send a message via Skype™ to MJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf
Just a reminder - this is how it started over at Food TV then it got more and more out of hand. Most of you will probably remember that when Food TV went down I did not allow the bashing over here that went on there. Please keep in mind that this is a human being we are talking about with feelings and there is no need to put her down in any way.
I want to echo Kitchenelf's comments. We have the friendliest foodie forum anywhere! Lets keep it that way and not bash the folks at FTV or anyone else.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:43 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf
Just a reminder - this is how it started over at Food TV then it got more and more out of hand. Most of you will probably remember that when Food TV went down I did not allow the bashing over here that went on there. Please keep in mind that this is a human being we are talking about with feelings and there is no need to put her down in any way. None of us have any control over our features - if we did we would all look like Christy Brinkley and George Clooney (you know what I mean )

Thanks.

Maybe not Christy Brinkly but I'd love to look like Angelina Jolie.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:59 AM   #16
Assistant Cook

This is not bashing, but has anyone else noticed lots of unusually prolonged shots of Giada washing her hands, the cooking surfaces, etc? Given her family background, maybe it's intentional. As in, an artistic statement: cooking cleanses the soul. Or not.

Seriously, each chef has idiosycracies and many of the shows can be exasperating to watch but the shows and the comprehensive website, they are giving away the contents of literally tens of thousands of dollars of cookbooks for free. Now I doubt this is an act of pure altruism, but it is still very much appreciated.

By contrast, if you go to the site of Daisy Martinez as one example, she gives out only a few recipes, wanting people to buy her book:

http://www.daisycooks.com/pages/recipes_main.cfm
Old 11-02-2005, 01:21 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Maybe not Christy Brinkly but I'd love to look like Angelina Jolie

don't i agree with you wasabi !!
Old 11-02-2005, 02:47 PM   #18
Executive Chef

Just my unsolicited, unqualified and unnecessary opinion but I think Giada is MUCH more attractive than Angelina Jolie. Just me though!
Old 11-03-2005, 12:47 AM   #19
Senior Cook

Her show is the best directed and edited show on the Food Network. Just look at the clean cuts and edits.
And of course she is a pure talent. In that she gives you all of the details of the ingrediants and why they are there.
The best show on the Food Network!
Close second is Food 911 and all of Bobby Flays BBQ shows.
Emeril sucks! He is such a ham and he doesn't cook so you can do it at home anyway. It's just a show. And is lousy.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:57 AM   #20
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete
Emeril sucks! He is such a ham and he doesn't cook so you can do it at home anyway. It's just a show. And is lousy.
The circus atmosphere is real annoying, but I've made a few of his Cajun/Creole recipes and they're all great. Before Emeril, the closest I ever came to that cuisine was Popeye's fried chicken and Zatarain's. OTOH, his forays into Italian cooking must make Batali cringe.