"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-19-2013, 02:59 PM   #11
Executive Chef
 
Harry Cobean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 2,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigC View Post
I'll bet that Peroni has a bit more kick to it than what is offered state side. Ahh, sitting at a bar in Amsterdam, drinking draft Heineken.
does have a bit of "poke" to be sure!! amsterdam?draft heineken?i'm right there with you craig....your round i think,cheers mate!!
__________________

__________________
I spent a lot of money on booze,birds & fast cars.The rest I just squandered.
Harry Cobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:01 PM   #12
Executive Chef
 
Harry Cobean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 2,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll_Bones View Post
You do know that beer is also a mens medical condition? The name is what I mean. Really. Its true.
go on....not heard that one,rb.pm me if it's not fit for public consumption!!
__________________

__________________
I spent a lot of money on booze,birds & fast cars.The rest I just squandered.
Harry Cobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:09 PM   #13
Executive Chef
 
CraigC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cobean View Post
does have a bit of "poke" to be sure!! amsterdam?draft heineken?i'm right there with you craig....your round i think,cheers mate!!
If I ever get another install job at the de vries, Feadship yard, you got it!
__________________
Emeralds are real Gems! C. caninus & C. Batesii.
CraigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:10 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Katie H's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Posts: 15,156
Yum. Yum. Lots of leftover Russian, Nalistniki, from last night's meal. Easy-peasy dinner for me today. We'll finish it off tonight, along with the last of the homemade chocolate pudding. I'll have to get inspired and start anew tomorrow.
__________________
"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:22 PM   #15
Executive Chef
 
Harry Cobean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 2,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigC View Post
If I ever get another install job at the de vries, Feadship yard, you got it!
deal!!or we could meet up at "the pit".could do with some of that miami sun on me back again,i'll bring a case or two of peroni!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2009_0202yorkshiredales0022.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	19797  
__________________
I spent a lot of money on booze,birds & fast cars.The rest I just squandered.
Harry Cobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:32 PM   #16
Executive Chef
 
CraigC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cobean View Post
deal!!or we could meet up at "the pit".could do with some of that miami sun on me back again!!
Is that the BBQ joint at Dade Corners (US41 (Tamiami Trail) and Krome Ave)?
__________________
Emeralds are real Gems! C. caninus & C. Batesii.
CraigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:39 PM   #17
Executive Chef
 
Harry Cobean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 2,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigC View Post
Is that the BBQ joint at Dade Corners (US41 (Tamiami Trail) and Krome Ave)?
that's the one!there's a petrol station on the other side of the crossroads & it's not far from the miccosukee casino & reserve,where i tried my hand at 'gator rassling...he won!!lost an arm AND a leg in the casino too!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MIAMI 2009 5.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	19798  
__________________
I spent a lot of money on booze,birds & fast cars.The rest I just squandered.
Harry Cobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:40 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
Nice world tour on your dinner, Katy.
I went to use some Greek yogurt just last night. Opened the container, pulled off the seal and it was frozen solid. Oh well. Mayo worked.
Not that that has anything to do with anything...

Everyone needs a quick meal now and then, Harry. Did you save enough beans to have with some buttered toast tomorrow?

I'm having creamy cajun chicken tonight. Just hoping the half and half works almost as well as heavy cream.
__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:48 PM   #19
Executive Chef
 
Harry Cobean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 2,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Nice world tour on your dinner, Katy.
I went to use some Greek yogurt just last night. Opened the container, pulled off the seal and it was frozen solid. Oh well. Mayo worked.
Not that that has anything to do with anything...

Everyone needs a quick meal now and then, Harry. Did you save enough beans to have with some buttered toast tomorrow?

I'm having creamy cajun chicken tonight. Just hoping the half and half works almost as well as heavy cream.
no mate,i was starving,ate the lot,half the pie too!!might have the other half for brekkie tomorrow,tho'!!
cajun chicken sounds good!!
__________________
I spent a lot of money on booze,birds & fast cars.The rest I just squandered.
Harry Cobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:54 PM   #20
Executive Chef
 
CraigC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cobean View Post
that's the one!there's a petrol station on the other side of the crossroads & it's not far from the miccosukee casino & reserve,where i tried my hand at 'gator rassling...he won!!lost an arm AND a leg in the casino too!!
There is an ICE (immigration and customs enforcement) detention center (Krome Detention Center) nearby. There is a saying that goes "The American Greencard. You can't leave Krome without it!"
__________________

__________________
Emeralds are real Gems! C. caninus & C. Batesii.
CraigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.