Globe trotting Tuesday! 11/19/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice world tour on your dinner, Katy.
I went to use some Greek yogurt just last night. Opened the container, pulled off the seal and it was frozen solid. Oh well. Mayo worked.
Not that that has anything to do with anything... ;)

I'm having creamy cajun chicken tonight. Just hoping the half and half works almost as well as heavy cream.

Thanks Pac! I enjoyed it - but not as much as I would have enjoyed the real trips! :LOL:

Cajun chicken sounds delightful! And I am sure half and half (is that half cream/half milk? Probably what we call "single" cream if it is.) will work very well. :)

Yep, your single cream sounds just like half and half. I imagine I might need to simmer it a bit more to thicken is all. Come to think of it, I think I'll add some cream cheese in with things. That will richen it up.

Yep, your single cream sounds just like half and half. I imagine I might need to simmer it a bit more to thicken is all. Come to think of it, I think I'll add some cream cheese in with things. That will richen it up.

Yum, cream cheese improves many dishes! :yum:

There is an ICE (immigration and customs enforcement) detention center (Krome Detention Center) nearby. There is a saying that goes "The American Greencard. You can't leave Krome without it!":angel:
marsha,my cuban waitress,said something about ice,thought she was talking about my drink...........marsha & i enjoying the joke:angel:!

Attachments

• ME & MARSHA.jpg
    ME & MARSHA.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 154
I'm making chicken fajitas for dinner tonight. Time to start slicing the veg. I think I'll make some quickie Mexican rice, too, and mix leftover rice with leftover fajita fixings for lunch tomorrow.

We're having sunny Italy! Got a Teacher Appreciation coupon for a free large 1 topping pizza and a 16 piece order of parm bites. Since we wanted mushrooms on the pizza along with pepperoni, our grand total will be $1.34. :)

Going with the globe trotting theme, I had knockwurst(hot dog), crisps (potato chips) with French onion dip and Boston baked beans.

Creamy Cajun Chicken

Attachments

• Creamy Cajun Chicken2.jpg
    Creamy Cajun Chicken2.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 147
I would like to know what anything he posts means. It makes for hard reading with no space between sentences or capitals. I never know if it is just one long sentence or what. :angel:
awww,c'mon addie:rolleyes:!!you've known me long enough now to decipher my ramblings.that's the mystery that is me.wouldn'tbe'arrywithfullstopscommascapitalsspacingpunctuation&allthatmalarkey!!!:angel:

Last edited:
awww,c'mon addie:rolleyes:!!you've known me long enough now to decipher my ramblings.that's the mystery that is me.wouldn'tbe'arrywithfullstopscommascapitalsspacingpunctuation&allthatmalarkey!!!:angel:

These eyes are old Harry. And the brain is going soft. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom