Going to CIA Boot Camp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

avalondeb

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone! I'm new here, only a few posts. But I wanted to know, has anyone ever been to the CIA (Culinary Institute of America) Boot Camp? The one week one?

I'm leaving this Sunday night and I'm a bit nervous. I hope I can keep up. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks!

No, I've never had the opportunity. But, all I can suggest is that you give the experience your utmost attention and take copius notes. What a wonderful adventure! Keep us posted and have a great time! You'll be just fine.

I've never been to one either, but I did present a scholarship at the CIA in Napa a couple of years ago and talked to a few of the administrators about the programs. Don't be nervous or apprehensive - you have a passion for cooking and that's all that counts!!! You'll fit in perfectly. Have a great time and I hope you'll tell us of your adventures also.

I know the CIA
You will be fine if you don't let the suroundings intimidate you. Ask questions, learn, from your partners, the chefs, the other students. Enjoy it to the fullest! It is exhausting, but it is a good exhaustion. Leave all your food phobias at home and have a great time!

I just purchased the book and am dying for it to arrive. I would love to go to one of their bootcamp weeks. That would be the best vacation/gift EVER!

Lucky lucky you! Can't wait to hear about your experiences and bring us back some recipes. :LOL:

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone! What you said is true. These classes are primarily for regular people who seriously love food, like us!!! I have to leave my "food phobias" home.

I'll be sure to post about how it went when I get back. Look for my post around 2/5.... Thanks again!

Please keep a daily journal (if you can muster the energy at the end of the day) and share it with us! :)

You are so lucky! I have wanted to do a BOOT CAMP for years now. Please post a journal if you get the chance.

wow, cool, do you need some body to cary your suitr case, i'd more more than happy to help, you know, for the small price of helping you to cook there too.

Back
Top Bottom