Good Eats for Monday June 20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chicken Cordon Blue wrapped in Bacon.

DSC04142.JPG

DSC04145.JPG

&
DSC04146.JPG

What may I ask is in the corn sauce? It all looks delicious!
No problemo LP.

Ingredients.

1. 2- 3 cups of cream of mushroom soup.
2. 1 cup of whole milk.
3.A bag of steamed corn ( about 2 cups ).
4. 1/4 t Kosher.

That's pretty much it.

Just get the Cream of mushroom soup hot, Add the milk add corn, bring to a simmer. Simmer until reduced by half.

Thank you for the compliment LP.

No problemo LP.

Ingredients.

1. 2- 3 cups of cream of mushroom soup.
2. 1 cup of whole milk.
3.A bag of steamed corn ( about 2 cups ).
4. 1/4 t Kosher.

That's pretty much it.

Just get the Cream of mushroom soup hot, Add the milk add corn, bring to a simmer. Simmer until reduced by half.

Thank you for the compliment LP.

Just a thought, use half as much milk and you won't have to reduce as much.

Thank you Andy,

I will remember that the next time I make it.

This stuff is a hell of a lot better then canned for sure.

I was in a bacon mood today, so along with the steak I'll be having some stuffed shrooms and B sprouts. The shrooms are what I've posted before, stuffed with hot jalapeno and cream cheese. The sprouts are new. I nuked them in some EVOO, hot sauce and S&P for two minutes, then wrapped them, so we'll see. Not sure yet on the timing of having the sprouts being done along with the bacon, but I'm sure I'll eat them anyway :)

Attachments

• bacon wrapped shrooms & sprouts1.jpg
    bacon wrapped shrooms & sprouts1.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 151
Hot roast beef sandwich - French bread cut open, Burgundy gravy put on both sides of bread, cold Eye Round Roast sliced thin. Close sandwich, cover with dome lid and microwave on ½ power for 20 seconds just to steam the bread and slightly warm the meat. Homemade mac and cheese as a side and salad (not pictured).

img_1014280_0_03cdee16c1a487fa88bc4b67d75420d9.jpg

okay, I made my aspargus-mushroom-cheese-and FRESH eggs omelette. Man, is it hard to cook and take pics. The pics of the eggs in the pan didn't work--don't know why. I haven't used my camera since last August--can't remember how to use it.

Anyway...I think I figured out how to upload the pics--I think.
It sounds very good. :) I loved how you used photos to show the progression from the hens to the plate! :cool:

I just ate a piece of Dream Sickle Cake. Can't let it go to waste.....just mine!!:ohmy:

My appetite has been met.
bacon wrapped shrooms & sprouts2.jpg
Now for some strawberries and whipped cream :angel:

Chicken cordon bleu casserole over egg noodles with fresh green beans.

Attachments

• dinner06202011.jpg
    dinner06202011.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 135
It sounds very good. :) I loved how you used photos to show the progression from the hens to the plate! :cool:

Since they were the FIRST EGGS my little red hens laid, I figured I should capture the sequence of the how the food got to my table <g>. I think it would be 50 ft. from source to table <g>. I didn't think of bringing the camera with me when I went to pick the aspargus. Can you tell I'm fascinated by the little red hens?:ohmy: I won't be doing that when they stop laying and go in the stew pot :-(. I have the means to overwinter them, so they are not going in the stew pot anytime soon, I hope.

They are really fun. The "littles" are as well, but they haven't started to pay me back yet <g>. When the rooster matures, I may make him my avitar. Barred Plymouth Rock roosters are so handsome.So are the hens, but the males are majestic.

Everyone's dinner sounds so good. Tonight, we had burgers and hot dogs on the grill with all the fixings and homemade potato salad.

Well, our salisbury steaks turned into burgers and they were great! Just grilled them on the griddler (I know, but we are out of propane and I don't have the combo grill yet - at least they were better than fried!). We were going to have some raw veggies with it but never got there.

we went to bj's today, and even though we've eaten grilled chicken legs every week for 2 months now, dw picked up another $10 of legs. :huh:

so, i grilled sbr glazed chicken legs, and a couple of shish kebabs i made from the trimmings from a whole beef tenderloin. the kebabs were just s&p'd, grilled, then dusted with my new garlic grinder, and a few splashes of maggi sauce.

Since they were the FIRST EGGS my little red hens laid, I figured I should capture the sequence of the how the food got to my table <g>. I think it would be 50 ft. from source to table <g>. I didn't think of bringing the camera with me when I went to pick the aspargus. Can you tell I'm fascinated by the little red hens?:ohmy: I won't be doing that when they stop laying and go in the stew pot :-(. I have the means to overwinter them, so they are not going in the stew pot anytime soon, I hope.

They are really fun. The "littles" are as well, but they haven't started to pay me back yet <g>. When the rooster matures, I may make him my avitar. Barred Plymouth Rock roosters are so handsome.So are the hens, but the males are majestic.
I have always wanted to have chickens. I'm a little too worried about our dog, cats, and numerous hawks (flying over, we don't have any! LOL) to try that yet though. :(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom