Good Eats for Monday June 20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I figure I can use that title now that AB is finished with it:)

I am hoping to make salisbury steak with mashed potatoes, gravy and carrots. I still have very little appetite but need to use the beef and DH still needs to eat.

I am also going to practice with the extra and see if I can successfully puree it to make a frozen dinner to have once Dad comes home. I want to make it a little more appetizing than what he gets now, but still a texture he can swallow. I figure if I start now I can have some stuff ready and not have to do the trial and error on him!

What's going to be good eating at your house tonight?

Last edited:
I might make chimichitos again with the leftover mixture from the other night, or maybe just use the mixture for wraps.

I was going to make a Thai curry with okra, eggplant, and tomato...thai basil, thai curry paste. But I have now got an omlette to make...I still have to do something with the okra, eggplant, and tomatoes...

I made a double batch of grandma's sauce yesterday, along with 6 Italian sausage links and about 12 pretty big meatballs, so I am leaning towards chicken parmigiana with spaghetti, Italian bread with butter, and a 2009 Cantine di Ora Barbera d'Asti

Green salad with chicken

I fell off the wagon this weekend. :whistling ~~~pick yerself up and get back in the race~~~~~~

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure. The fridge is getting full with leftovers but tonight is probably the last night for DS at home. I'm not sure if he'll be home for supper tomorrow night or not since he heads back to his place tomorrow. Has to be at work Wed. AM. Maybe I'll do chicken nuggets and fries. There's usually little leftovers with that meal.

okay, I made my aspargus-mushroom-cheese-and FRESH eggs omelette. Man, is it hard to cook and take pics. The pics of the eggs in the pan didn't work--don't know why. I haven't used my camera since last August--can't remember how to use it.

Anyway...I think I figured out how to upload the pics--I think.

Attachments

• IMG_0089[1].jpg
    IMG_0089[1].jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 188
  • Chickens_02 005.jpg
    Chickens_02 005.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 179
  • Chickens_02 006.jpg
    Chickens_02 006.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 171
  • Chickens_02 007.jpg
    Chickens_02 007.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 173
okay, I made my aspargus-mushroom-cheese-and FRESH eggs omelette. Man, is it hard to cook and take pics. The pics of the eggs in the pan didn't work--don't know why. I haven't used my camera since last August--can't remember how to use it.

Anyway...I think I figured out how to upload the pics--I think.

Looks tasty!!:chef:

Looks tasty!!:chef:

It was--the aspargus was wild from the back 40...forgot to mention that--my focus was on the EGGS. The seasonings I used were fresh French Tarragon and Thyme...didn't want to overpower the taste of the first two eggs the "red hens" laid <g>.

I seem to have wound up with a lot of rather pricey roast beef from the deli (bought some for a party, forgetting I already had some in the fridge). So I bought some "bolilo" rolls that have the right carb count for hubby and am making roast beef sandwiches. This time of year I'm always looking for something cold, since my kitchen isn't air conditioned!

Back
Top Bottom