Good Friday, dinner anyone? 4/6/7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The boys had a burger and fries from the new cafe down the street.

I made a lovely dinner of brown rice cooked in veggie stock, spring onion, cherry tomatoes and feta cheese. The bottle of wine I drank with it made it all the more better too!

I was going to grill sausages outside on the grill, but it was thundering and lightning outside. :mad: That put an end to using the grill, so I cooked everything inside on a grill pan. With the grilled sausages I had sauteed peppers and onions on a whole wheat roll with potato salad on the side.

Well, I made the pie, but we decided to save it for today...

So, instead, l made white clam sauce with angle hair pasta. After the bourbon, we opened a bottle of syrah.

My Good Friday dinner was mozzarella sticks. Boyfriend had a hot dog and nachos. Fancy, right? :LOL:

Neither of us is very religious so we treated last night like we would any other. We went to the drive-in in upstate New York, saw Grindhouse, and relied on the concession stand to provide us with the night's meal. I've had better food, but the experience was totally worth it. Drive-in movies are always fun!

Although I no longer am a good Catholic, one thing I love about the area I live in is is lenten fish fries. We were partying with friends, and one of them (from out of town) asked if I knew there was a fish fry at the Elks lodge. Of course I knew that, we were there and absolutely, let's go. There is one every Friday during lent (and of course good Friday is the ultimate), and he was tickled pink. The Boy Scouts sponsored this one. Yummmy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom