Halloween Dinner - 10/31

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I'll be making grilled cheese sandwitches so I can get the kids out trick-or-treating before it gets dark and cold.

I'm not sure what we are having tonight. We are headed back to Market Street where we got that wonderful flatiron, they have an imppecable fish counter, I'm thinking talapia and scallops!

I made shrimp salad. Will have on fresh toasted roll with maybe a warm and creamy spinach salad side. Need to keep it simple and not hot for answering the door. trick or treat

(I did my hair too, for my guests!)

i'll be home, defending the house while dw takes our boy out begging, so it'll probably be up to me. i'm hoping to get the ok to pick up sushi.

happy halloween, everyone.

Bucky, it is certainly ok with me if you pick up sushi!!

I've got a whole chicken thawing in the kitchen...
to be served with mashed potatoes and roasted veggies

We will be having our traditional Halloween night dinner of take-out pizza, doughnuts, & cider while continuing to watch the fabulous old horror movies that Turner Classic Movies has been showing round-the-clock since yesterday morning.

Depending on how the rest of the day shapes up, I may also indulge in making a pan of layered chocolate-peanut butter brownies.

Mine went in the slow cooker at 8 this morning. We're having ground beef hash and sweet corn. For desert I experimented. I had a pound cake in the freezer, so I sliced it in half lengthwise and iced it with cream cheese icing and drizzled strawberry syrup all over it. Yes I sampled it before dinner and it's awesome.

Yea, I agree, that does sound good! Yay Jeeks.. how ya make it!?!?!

Cook the noodles and set them off to the side. I'm using leftover chicken breast from my herb roasted chicken last night. Take the noodle and make a lttle pile of the chicken, thawed/drained frozen spinach, ricotta and some grated cheese. I have some asiago leftover so I'll use that but parmesan or harvarti will work too. Add salt and pepper and roll it up like a canoli. In a baking pan I put down a layer of beschamel sauce then snuggle the little lasagna rolls in it. :chef: Then drizzle on some homemade marinara and basil. Bake at 375 for a bit and top with some more asiago or parmesan.

I never made this exact dish before, but that's how I plan on making it. lol

Nothing so ghoulish:angel:...but that doesn't mean we won't be getting up to no good at some point. My sister is visiting from Florida.

Italian sausage with sweet vinegar peppers

Jerk beef empanadas

Gruyere on pumpernickle with caramelized cippolini onions

Blended cheese (pumpkin & mascarpone) with chestnuts on brioche points

Swiss with candied cranberries

Philly pretzels

Tequila Manhattans:kiss:

all the talk about chili got me thinkin so chili's been on for a few hours now. smells wonderful, and since the weather is odd, it makes sense whereas usually on this night, it's balmy with slight breeze.
acorn squash baked and filled with cranberry sauce and bourbon brown sugar and cinnamon, his mom's cole slaw, he'll get a Witches T!T for his cocktail tonight.

Jerk beef empanadas

img_715325_0_8ed136c575ed255cf0c3a43f9812ce2a.gif

fast food on the way to grammas for trick or treating.
enough junk food in one day?

Back
Top Bottom