Halloween Dinner 10-31

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Been reading about this dish online... Most Italian blogs suggest that it be made with veal.. Some blogs suggest chicken or pork... I don't use veal but, would like beef...
Question... What meat do you use?.. Cube steak?...

Bistecca is Italian for beef steak and bolognese means in the style of Bologna, which generally means a long-simmered sauce made with a variety of meats, like pork and chicken.

Not sure what Roch did, but if it was me, I would make the bolognese sauce and serve it on top of a good steak, like ribeye or New York strip (my preference).

Last edited:
Bistecca is Italian for beef steak and bolognese means in the style of Bologna, which generally means a long-simmered sauce made with a variety of meats, like pork and chicken.

Not sure what Roch did, but if it was me, I would make the bolognese sauce and serve it on top of a good steak, like ribeye or New York strip (my preference).

Thank you.... In searching recipes I, somehow, got away from bistecca and into the method of cooking but using pork, chicken, etc.. Perhaps would have helped if I understood Italian..

Ross

Been reading about this dish online... Most Italian blogs suggest that it be made with veal.. Some blogs suggest chicken or pork... I don't use veal but, would like beef...
Question... What meat do you use?.. Cube steak?...

Ross
I used inside round that I sliced very thinly, then pounded out even thinner with prosciutto.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom