Halloween Dinner??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Excellent, Bunny, Congrats! Now you need to post the recipe!

Excellent, Bunny, Congrats! Now you need to post the recipe!

Thanks for the congrats all! Unfortunately I don't think I can duplicate the effort... But here is the gist of what I did.
I used 1lb. ground hot Italian sausage, 1lb. ground beef
and 1/2lb. smokey bacon, chopped (almost minced) about 1/2 a cup of mixed spices that included chili powder, smoked paprika, smokey chipotle seasoning and cumin. Several cloves of garlic minced. I sautéd the spices and garlic in olive oil to make a sort of paste that I kept adding to the meat as I browned it. Umm.... let's see, 2 lg. onions chopped, 1 large Pasilla pepper roasted peeled and chopped 1 red bell pepper chopped. 1 large can of chopped green chilies(just because I had them). Juice of one lime. 2 cans of stewed tomatoes (broken down by squeezing on their way into the pot) 1 can of tomato paste. Then since this was chili with beans, ( I usually start with dry beans, but I was running short on time, I used 2 cans black beans, 2 cans red beans and two cans of kidney beans, all rinsed and drained before adding. ( I may have added 1 other can (can't remember)
This chili was not to "hot" nor too mild. The heat came mostly from the chilies and the "hot" Italian sausage. I guess. The bacon was something different, but obviously worked for the judges and the attendees. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Today's photoshoot extravaganza was:

[FONT=&quot]Pork Tenderloin and Mango Chutney with Wild Mushroom Potato Oka Torte[/FONT]

and

[FONT=&quot]Seafood and White Bean Stew (jumbo shrimp and walleye)
[/FONT]

The potatoes were fantastic--grated potatoes with cheese, mushrooms, cream,baked in a pie dish...yum, yum, yum. Everything else was delish as well.
Here's a link to the Seafood with White Bean stew I made on Friday:

https://www.facebook.com/chefxottawa/photos/pcb.728768557192023/728768497192029/?type=1&theater

I know, a day late! But I made a very simple poached chicken in creamy tarragon sauce, with buttered new potatoes, baby sweetcorn and mange tout. (And my new potential BF hoovered it off the plate!) :);)

I know, a day late! But I made a very simple poached chicken in creamy tarragon sauce, with buttered new potatoes, baby sweetcorn and mange tout. (And my new potential BF hoovered it off the plate!) :);)

Hi Katy. Dinner sounds tasty. I had to go look up mange tout as I'd never heard it before. At first thought it sounded like an affliction but upon further research, I find it's French (mange tout = eat everything) and refers to pea pods.

Back
Top Bottom