Halloween Dinner??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
My daughter and her family are coming here for trick or treating and dinner. They do this every year. I'm making a batch of American chop suey as it's a favorite of hers and easy to do.

Also made a new recipe for yellow cake with a chocolate glaze for dessert. I hope my grandson isn't disappointed that it's not a chocolate cake.

What are you eating tonight?

It's our anniversary and in anticipation of seeing our grandchildren garbed up as assorted ghosties and goblins, we'll be dining at home tonight.

Glenn requested steaks, along with those cooked on the grill, there will baked potatoes with assorted add-ins, sauteed onions and mushrooms, a nice red wine and "anniversary" cake for dessert, which is a very much smaller duplicate of our wedding cake.

We're looking forward to it.

It's our anniversary and in anticipation of seeing our grandchildren garbed up as assorted ghosties and goblins, we'll be dining at home tonight.

Glenn requested steaks, along with those cooked on the grill, there will baked potatoes with assorted add-ins, sauteed onions and mushrooms, a nice red wine and "anniversary" cake for dessert, which is a very much smaller duplicate of our wedding cake.

We're looking forward to it.

Happy Anniversary Katie and Glenn.

Vegetarian (or pesco-eggo-tarian??) daughter is home visiting from college for the weekend. She likes my Thai red curry, so I'm thinking I will probably make that with shrimp or cod instead of the usual beef.

LOL Zagut :LOL:

I'm having potstickers, jasmine rice, and edamame. Having dinner by 4 so I can be done by the time the little ghosts and goblins start arriving. :)

And just out of curiosity, I'm going to keep count of how many Elsa's I see. :)

Last edited:
We had chili dogs. It was quick and could be put down easily to go to the door to pass out candy. I went through 9 bags this year!

Today's photoshoot extravaganza was:

[FONT=&quot]Pork Tenderloin and Mango Chutney with Wild Mushroom Potato Oka Torte[/FONT]

and

[FONT=&quot]Seafood and White Bean Stew (jumbo shrimp and walleye)
[/FONT]

The potatoes were fantastic--grated potatoes with cheese, mushrooms, cream,baked in a pie dish...yum, yum, yum. Everything else was delish as well.

Almost had what Zagut had. Instead, I made chicken noodle soup with the stock from the other day. Had to have Twizzlers for dessert.

I had a pot of beef barley mushroom soup simmering on the stove while we fed the beggars. We each snuck a ladle-full while handing out treats, then warmed ourselves with full bowls (1 1/2 each :yum: ) once the light were off. Had worked up a big appetite passing goodies out to 355 kids! Yup, Himself counted. We have six five pieces of candy left...

Attachments

• 2014-10-31 18.32.57.jpg
    2014-10-31 18.32.57.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 166
I had one Hershey bar and a cup of coffee. Time for my pill cocktail. I need to take out a couple of chicken legs for tomorrow night. Roasted with seasonings. With the storm coming, it will be a perfect night for a nice hot supper. :angel:

I had a pot of beef barley mushroom soup simmering on the stove while we fed the beggars. We each snuck a ladle-full while handing out treats, then warmed ourselves with full bowls (1 1/2 each :yum: ) once the light were off. Had worked up a big appetite passing goodies out to 355 kids! Yup, Himself counted. We have six five pieces of candy left...

Oh, your soup looks sooo good, CG. :yum: And 355 kids?!?! Holy cow!! :ohmy:

We had leftover chili after I won the annual cook-off today at work ?We had a guest panel of judges made up of local chef/restauranteurs. That made the win so much better!

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

We had leftover chili after I won the annual cook-off today at work ��We had a guest panel of judges made up of local chef/restauranteurs. That made the win so much better!

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Congratulation. Quite an accomplishment considering who made up the panel. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom