Halloween Dinner Plans ♥ 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Harry, is cukes to you pickles to us?
Nice burgers. Piled high, just like I like them. Too bad about the memory card, but it could have been worse. It could have fallen onto your grill pan as you were cooking :ohmy:

The yungun found some salmon filets in the freezer. They are thawing and will be baked with some kind of rice side dish and salad. The big bowl is filled with candy and the back up bags are on the table ready to be opened in case the first ones run out. I'm not dressing in costume. After work today, I just want to be in my stretchy pants and big t-shirt.

BTW Happy Anniversary Katie and Glenn!

Today is our wedding anniversary and I've planned a "special" dinner for us. At Glenn's request there'll be grilled T-bone steaks. To those I'm making steamed haricot verts with hollandaise sauce, mushroom caps stuffed with cheeses, herbs and prosciutto, baked potatoes, and probably a nice red wine to complete the dinner portion. For dessert we will have wedding cake and champagne.

No costumes for us and most likely no trick-or-treaters except for our two granddaughters who will be delivered by their mother so we can appreciate the girls' costumes and dole out some candy. We live way out in the country and have few neighbors. What neighbors we do have are our age or older and only have grown children.

Although, even if we did live in an area where we might have more little ghoulies and ghosties, the weather is really, crappy and supposed to get even yuckier as the day progresses.
Happy Anniversary Katie and Glenn, have a wonderful dinner and may your life be filled with happiness.
cj

Change of plans.
The beans on toast that I had for lunch really filled me up, so I'm going to revisit Harry C's prawns with pancetta and various other stuff tonight. I might add some shrooms to it, too.

so,it's 2:30pm,just replied to a post by pacanis,i'm starving & hadn't got a clue what to have for dinner.off to the shops i trot,well drive to be exact,and i'm wandering up & down the aisles in that aladins cave of goodies otherwise known as tesco.i spotted some packs of 28day matured,dry aged aberdeen angus minced(ground)steak.nice 'n dark with just the right amount of fat.burger's i thought...double cheese burgers with smoked streaky bacon to be precise.got the mince,buns,sliced jarlsberg,cukes...the whole 9 yards infact.got home posted me pics of the jarlsberg to "guilty pleasures".started to make me burgers & b*gger me,a chunk of plastic fell off my camera's photo card so no pics tonight...except,hang on,i did cook & post the self same burgers last year.it was minced ribeye last year,but tonights turned out just the same,damn tasty too.
aberdeen angus double jarlsburg cheese burgers with crispy sweet smoked bacon,cukes,dill potato salad & crisps.ice cold beer colder than a witches teat:ermm:...well it is hallowe'en

That's one AWESOME looking burger!

Katie and Glenn, Happy anniversary. We used to celebrate Halloween as our anniversary day too. Hard to do, as Halloween trumps the day over the years. Now we stand each on our own side of the city lake passing out candy. She's wearing fairy wings and black and dark green and I have a straw hat and overalls to go w/ my beard. It's not as long as my avatar but I have started to grow it out for Christmas. We will get together and talk about it tomorrow a.m over coffee. And chocolate candy. About as much fun as it gets in our dottage.

Mmyap. Is this legal. " a black feather fascinator that has pink butterflies". I had to google this up. Disappointing but Cute choices.

Harry, Jarlsberg is right up there as one of my favorite cheeses. You are an expert with that grill pan.

CG. I posted the Chicken and Stuffing casserole recipe
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f58/chicken-and-stuffing-casserole-87690.html#post1315595

I look forward to making this as a fall dinner as a plan. It can be put together on a whim too with several ingredients or just a quick trip in and out to the store. Rotisserie chicken, yes, I've done this too. Try as I may, it usually makes more than enough for one meal even for several people. Which, actually, is a good thing.

Last edited:
Happy anniversary Glenn and Katie, it is also one of my granddaughters birthday. For supper tonight I made vegetable soup.

Happy anniversary, Katie and Glenn!

So far, dinner will be a couple handfuls of Milky Way Minis. And maybe carrots and Ranch dip, or not.

Happy Anniversary Katie!

We will be having pizza and salad after T or T is over tonight.

Mmyap. Is this legal. " a black feather fascinator that has pink butterflies". I had to google this up. Disappointing but Cute choices.

:LOL: It does sound like I was describing something you buy in a store that sells inflatable dolls and whips.

Happy Anniversary Katie and Glenn!;)

Need to tidy up the fridge, leaving tomorrow for another house and critter sitting job up toward the ski valley. Did I mention we had 4 inches of snow this morning? Will have scrambled eggs, salsa and cheddar cheese rolled in a tortilla.

...aberdeen angus double jarlsburg cheese burgers with crispy sweet smoked bacon,cukes,dill potato salad & crisps.ice cold beer...
I'm so used to you posting things that look healthy, so that one's a bit of a shock! And potato salad AND potato crisps? :ohmy:

We had Swedish Meatballs with peas & onions rolling around on the side.

Pshaw, I was ok with just ostrich feathers, Strategic. I like the imagination.

-- Oops hadda go. First time the door bell rings tonight. 2 little kids Beaming in face paint and warm jackets. Always got to send them down the steps w/ a piece of candy for the parent too. There is magic for all ages.

Chicken Parmesan with penne.

I breaded as I usually do but baked them in a nice hot oven (convect roast) instead of pan frying them. I did this just to avoid the mess of frying. Surprisingly it tasted almost as good as if I had fried them!

I think I'm good with shrimp for a while :pig:

Attachments

• Shrimp Dinner 10-31-13.jpg
    Shrimp Dinner 10-31-13.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 197
We're ordering Indian food, 'cause it's 25% discount today. :pig:
It was pretty good. I don't know what was up with the beef madras. Stirling really liked it. I liked the beef, but the sauce seemed to only have heat, bitter, and a vinegar flavour. It was sort of medium hot, even though we asked for "Hot". Stirling could taste all sorts of flavours, so it must be me. Bummer. The onion bhadjis were mediocre, the mixed meats was pretty good. The beef kebab meatball thingees were spiced wonderfully. I made brown basmati rice to go with it. And we had Carlsberg. Beer goes so well with Indian food.

Thanks, Tax. I can eat shrimp no matter how full I am, which is why I had it tonight.

Back
Top Bottom