Halloween Dinner Plans ♥ 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The bloomin' onion that I attempted to cook this afternoon, didn't turn out like I expected. It wasn't crispy , the petals were limp. But hey I actually got the Outback Steakhouse Sauce for the bloomin' onion correct.

We went out with friends to dinner tonight. The friends introduced us to a wonderful noodle house. A really yummy beef noodle soup was filling and delicious!

Happy anniversary Katie and Glenn! I have been hankering for some ham, I didn't want to buy a big ham for two people (and while I'm on the subject, why is ham so darn expensive) I digress.....I instead bought a couple of smoked ham hocks, and made 15 bean soup for dinner. Served with toasted crusty garlic bread. We really enjoyed it. This is a soup that we used to make every ski season and eat everyday for lunch on our ski holiday.

Last edited:
Mmm 'Bunny, love me some bean soup. Any kind. I enjoy my Mom's recipe the most, but I'll happily use whatever package of bean combinations I find.

....aberdeen angus double jarlsburg cheese burgers with crispy sweet smoked bacon,cukes,dill potato salad & crisps.ice cold beer colder than a witches teat:ermm:...well it is hallowe'en
Lordy that looks good Harry! Unfortunately, each and every time I do burgers of most kinds on the stovetop I get my smoke detectors to screaming. At least I can grill turkey burgers. That's good, right? :ermm:

Thanks so much! I have a few lonely burger buns in the freezer that I can use for the stuffing. I don't ever remember using the store bought stuffing mix, but dry bread works fine for me. IF we run out of leftovers before vacation I might make this; if not, for sure it's on the menu when we get back home.

Finished up making a tweaked version of this Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup . Less butter, no heavy cream (used equal portions half&half and 1% milk), BUT instead of the broth/water combination I used 6 cups of homemade chicken stock. Got rid of a fair amount of mushrooms too. No shortage of flavor with this bowl!

Attachments

• 2013-10-31 19.47.06.jpg
    2013-10-31 19.47.06.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 169
Harry, is cukes to you pickles to us?
Nice burgers. Piled high, just like I like them. Too bad about the memory card, but it could have been worse. It could have fallen onto your grill pan as you were cooking :ohmy:
wondered what the crunch was mate,my dentist will be delighted:LOL:!!
yep,pickles.mrs elswood's pickled/sliced haimisha cucumbers:yum:

Nice plate Harry!
Do you have a recipe for that potato salad?
thanks aunty.dead simple pot salad.i use a firm/waxy salad spud like charlotte or carlingford.prefer carlings 'cos the skin just rubs off under a running tap.boil or steam til slightly undercooked.tip into a bowl & leave til just warm,cut any large spuds into quarter's,add mayo,salt,pepper & chopped dill(or dried,one of the few dried herbs i will use),mix it all up & leave,covered,for an hour or so,to let the flavours mingle.done!!
I'm so used to you posting things that look healthy, so that one's a bit of a shock! And potato salad AND potato crisps? :ohmy:
We had Swedish Meatballs with peas & onions rolling around on the side.
"a little of what ya fancy does ya good"steve!!90% of what i cook is healthy which means i can "push the boat out" now & again without feeling too guilty(and without doing too much damage either i hope!!):angel:
if i make it to vegas at xmas,you'll see harry eat:rolleyes::LOL:!!

Last edited:
Lordy that looks good Harry! Unfortunately, each and every time I do burgers of most kinds on the stovetop I get my smoke detectors to screaming. At least I can grill turkey burgers. That's good, right? :ermm:

Got rid of a fair amount of mushrooms too. No shortage of flavor with this bowl!
sure is good cg,the more smoke the better in my book.if you look at some of my griddle pics you can see the smoke coming off the pan.that's how you get them darn tasty bar marks.harry's top tip...i cover my kitchen smoke detector with a sock:rolleyes:..don't forget to take it off afterwards tho'!!
tasty lookin' bowl of soup there cg:yum:!

That's one AWESOME looking burger!
love it when i hear you yanks say "awesome"....having said that,there are only so many times you can here it in a tv programme....rick from "american restoration" please take note:rolleyes::LOL:!!
'ang on,that's another damn good reason to spend xmas with steve kroll in vegas.....american restoration:cool:!!
thanks jessica:)!!

love it when i hear you yanks say "awesome"....having said that,there are only so many times you can here it in a tv programme....rick from "american restoration" please take note:rolleyes::LOL:!!
'ang on,that's another damn good reason to spend xmas with steve kroll in vegas.....american restoration:cool:!!
thanks jessica:)!!

Hey Now! I'm not a yank! I'm born and raised southern girl from the state of Georgia.

so,it's 2:30pm,just replied to a post by pacanis,i'm starving & hadn't got a clue what to have for dinner.off to the shops i trot,well drive to be exact,and i'm wandering up & down the aisles in that aladins cave of goodies otherwise known as tesco.i spotted some packs of 28day matured,dry aged aberdeen angus minced(ground)steak.nice 'n dark with just the right amount of fat.burger's i thought...double cheese burgers with smoked streaky bacon to be precise.got the mince,buns,sliced jarlsberg,cukes...the whole 9 yards infact.got home posted me pics of the jarlsberg to "guilty pleasures".started to make me burgers & b*gger me,a chunk of plastic fell off my camera's photo card so no pics tonight...except,hang on,i did cook & post the self same burgers last year.it was minced ribeye last year,but tonights turned out just the same,damn tasty too.
aberdeen angus double jarlsburg cheese burgers with crispy sweet smoked bacon,cukes,dill potato salad & crisps.ice cold beer colder than a witches teat:ermm:...well it is hallowe'en

Awesome burger Harry. I'm changing your name to Dagwood Bumstead because of this mighty sandwich.

Attachments

• Dagwood_Bumstead.jpg
    Dagwood_Bumstead.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 84
Awesome burger Harry. I'm changing your name to Dagwood Bumstead because of this mighty sandwich.
i'm honoured .40....henceforth dagwood it shall be,i'll bear that name with pride,as proudly as you bear the lone star of texas....mind you mate,gravy queen is gonna have some fun with the bumstead bit:ermm::ohmy::ROFLMAO:!!

Last edited:
First of all, I want to thank everyone for your generous and lovely anniversary wishes. Our anniversary was wonderful...the whole day was fantastic and Glenn, as usual, gave me the most beautiful card. Made me cry. I don't know where he buys the cards he gives me but they're always so beautifully written and filled with loving thoughts.

Our dinner turned out to be stellar. He grilled the steaks perfectly and everything else cooked exactly as it should have. The cake was, well, as good as we remembered and there's still quite a lot left for us to enjoy over the next several days.

In a word, I'd say the meal, the day, the man....perfect!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom