Halloween Dinner Plans ♥ 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jessica_Morris

Senior Cook
What's everyone cooking on this spooky Halloween night?!

Tonight we are having Hot Wings & I can't decide if I want to do home-made french fries or a bloomin' onion to go with it... DECISIONS, DECISIONS!

Do any of you have plans for tonight, are any of you dressing up, to greet trick or treater's that come to your door? If so, what's your costume of choice?

Last edited by a moderator:
Potluck at work today...not sure I'll be hungry for dinner, too! Maybe just some snack foods. Lil Smokies in BBQ sauce, that type of thing.

A small salad and Chicken and Stuffing casserole. Which is the real reason I roasted a chicken the other day, just so I could make this.

Handing out candy, one for you, one for me, one for you one for me...

It has become a mini tradition that when my daughter and SIL bring our grandson to Trick or Treat we have American Chop Suey for dinner. Easy to make and everyone likes it.

Today is our wedding anniversary and I've planned a "special" dinner for us. At Glenn's request there'll be grilled T-bone steaks. To those I'm making steamed haricot verts with hollandaise sauce, mushroom caps stuffed with cheeses, herbs and prosciutto, baked potatoes, and probably a nice red wine to complete the dinner portion. For dessert we will have wedding cake and champagne.

No costumes for us and most likely no trick-or-treaters except for our two granddaughters who will be delivered by their mother so we can appreciate the girls' costumes and dole out some candy. We live way out in the country and have few neighbors. What neighbors we do have are our age or older and only have grown children.

Although, even if we did live in an area where we might have more little ghoulies and ghosties, the weather is really, crappy and supposed to get even yuckier as the day progresses.

Making coq au vin tonight. It will be fast and easy to grab for folks going out to...whatever they're up to tonight. I think I have one off to dancing and one going out T&Ting tonight.

Ken wants to make our pumpkin a rude one again this year. I'm not sure I should let him. I'll post a pic if he does. :rolleyes:

Today is our wedding anniversary and I've planned a "special" dinner for us. At Glenn's request there'll be grilled T-bone steaks. To those I'm making steamed haricot verts with hollandaise sauce, mushroom caps stuffed with cheeses, herbs and prosciutto, baked potatoes, and probably a nice red wine to complete the dinner portion. For dessert we will have wedding cake and champagne.

No costumes for us and most likely no trick-or-treaters except for our two granddaughters who will be delivered by their mother so we can appreciate the girls' costumes and dole out some candy. We live way out in the country and have few neighbors. What neighbors we do have are our age or older and only have grown children.

Although, even if we did live in an area where we might have more little ghoulies and ghosties, the weather is really, crappy and supposed to get even yuckier as the day progresses.

Happy Anniversary Katie!!! I hope you and your husband have a wonderful evening together. :cool:

Happy Anniversary, Katie! :)

I think I'm just going to have an avocado, roma tomato, and bermuda onion salad with lemon juice. Probably with a slice of garlic bread. Need to use up the avocado and tomatoes while they are ripe and at their best. :yum:

Happy anniversary, Katie! Happy Halloween to everyone!

I'm doing a Costco run so I will pick up something easy to stick in the oven. Maybe one of their rotisserie chickens and the pre-prepaired mac and cheese pan. While not in costume I am sporting a black feather fascinator that has pink butterflies on it in the best tradition of silly hats. Halloween is the only day of the year a 50 year old woman can get away with that!

A small salad and Chicken and Stuffing casserole. Which is the real reason I roasted a chicken the other day, just so I could make this.
Sounds easy and interesting Whisk - recipe?

Today is our wedding anniversary...
Happy Anniversary to you guys! Sounds like the weather is a perfect reason to cuddle. :angel:

...While not in costume I am sporting a black feather fascinator that has pink butterflies on it in the best tradition of silly hats. Halloween is the only day of the year a 50 year old woman can get away with that!
Then you turn 60 and do as you danged well please. ;)

I got a head start on dinner last night by using the bones and trimmings from two rotisserie chickens to make a good portion of stock. Also cut up the meat from the one I just bought. We're having cream of chicken and wild rice soup (a derivation of Panera's soup) with the other half of the baguette from Tuesday. Have a plethora of mushrooms to use up by the end of the weekend and trying to decide if I want to throw a bunch in this soup or just make a pot of mushroom soup instead - have lots of milk here too.

Coq au vin is simmering, the cinnamon spice pound cake is cooling and waiting for its cream cheese icing. The scary dark clouds are rolling in and it will soon be a perfect Halloween night!

happy anniversary katie:)!! dinner sounds fabulous too...enjoy:)!

so,it's 2:30pm,just replied to a post by pacanis,i'm starving & hadn't got a clue what to have for dinner.off to the shops i trot,well drive to be exact,and i'm wandering up & down the aisles in that aladins cave of goodies otherwise known as tesco.i spotted some packs of 28day matured,dry aged aberdeen angus minced(ground)steak.nice 'n dark with just the right amount of fat.burger's i thought...double cheese burgers with smoked streaky bacon to be precise.got the mince,buns,sliced jarlsberg,cukes...the whole 9 yards infact.got home posted me pics of the jarlsberg to "guilty pleasures".started to make me burgers & b*gger me,a chunk of plastic fell off my camera's photo card so no pics tonight...except,hang on,i did cook & post the self same burgers last year.it was minced ribeye last year,but tonights turned out just the same,damn tasty too.
aberdeen angus double jarlsburg cheese burgers with crispy sweet smoked bacon,cukes,dill potato salad & crisps.ice cold beer colder than a witches teat:ermm:...well it is hallowe'en

Attachments

• RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 002.JPG
    RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 002.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 158
  • RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 003.JPG
    RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 003.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 153
  • RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 004.JPG
    RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 004.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 144
  • RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 005.JPG
    RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 005.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 144
  • RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 007.JPG
    RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 007.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 149
  • RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 008.JPG
    RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 008.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Happy anniversary, Katie! Looking forward to the story of the mermaid outfit! :brows:

I haven't got a clue what to make for dinner and trick or treaters start arriving around 6 p.m. Maybe I will send DH out for Chinese.

Back
Top Bottom