"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 10-31-2013, 07:58 AM   #1
Senior Cook

Halloween Dinner Plans ♥ 2013

What's everyone cooking on this spooky Halloween night?!

Tonight we are having Hot Wings & I can't decide if I want to do home-made french fries or a bloomin' onion to go with it... DECISIONS, DECISIONS!

Do any of you have plans for tonight, are any of you dressing up, to greet trick or treater's that come to your door? If so, what's your costume of choice?

Old 10-31-2013, 08:45 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Burnt ends and BBQ beans for me tonight.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:48 AM   #3
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Potluck at work today...not sure I'll be hungry for dinner, too! Maybe just some snack foods. Lil Smokies in BBQ sauce, that type of thing.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:02 AM   #4
Executive Chef

A small salad and Chicken and Stuffing casserole. Which is the real reason I roasted a chicken the other day, just so I could make this.

Handing out candy, one for you, one for me, one for you one for me...
Old 10-31-2013, 10:24 AM   #5
Certified Pretend Chef

It has become a mini tradition that when my daughter and SIL bring our grandson to Trick or Treat we have American Chop Suey for dinner. Easy to make and everyone likes it.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:45 AM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Today is our wedding anniversary and I've planned a "special" dinner for us. At Glenn's request there'll be grilled T-bone steaks. To those I'm making steamed haricot verts with hollandaise sauce, mushroom caps stuffed with cheeses, herbs and prosciutto, baked potatoes, and probably a nice red wine to complete the dinner portion. For dessert we will have wedding cake and champagne.

No costumes for us and most likely no trick-or-treaters except for our two granddaughters who will be delivered by their mother so we can appreciate the girls' costumes and dole out some candy. We live way out in the country and have few neighbors. What neighbors we do have are our age or older and only have grown children.

Although, even if we did live in an area where we might have more little ghoulies and ghosties, the weather is really, crappy and supposed to get even yuckier as the day progresses.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:47 AM   #7
Head Chef

kapusta, perogies and kielbasa
Old 10-31-2013, 01:46 PM   #8
Everymom

Making coq au vin tonight. It will be fast and easy to grab for folks going out to...whatever they're up to tonight. I think I have one off to dancing and one going out T&Ting tonight.

Ken wants to make our pumpkin a rude one again this year. I'm not sure I should let him. I'll post a pic if he does.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:55 PM   #9
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
Today is our wedding anniversary and I've planned a "special" dinner for us. At Glenn's request there'll be grilled T-bone steaks. To those I'm making steamed haricot verts with hollandaise sauce, mushroom caps stuffed with cheeses, herbs and prosciutto, baked potatoes, and probably a nice red wine to complete the dinner portion. For dessert we will have wedding cake and champagne.

No costumes for us and most likely no trick-or-treaters except for our two granddaughters who will be delivered by their mother so we can appreciate the girls' costumes and dole out some candy. We live way out in the country and have few neighbors. What neighbors we do have are our age or older and only have grown children.

Although, even if we did live in an area where we might have more little ghoulies and ghosties, the weather is really, crappy and supposed to get even yuckier as the day progresses.
Happy Anniversary Katie!!! I hope you and your husband have a wonderful evening together.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:37 PM   #10
Master Chef

Happy Anniversary, Katie!

I think I'm just going to have an avocado, roma tomato, and bermuda onion salad with lemon juice. Probably with a slice of garlic bread. Need to use up the avocado and tomatoes while they are ripe and at their best.

Tags
dinner