Halloween Is Coming!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i love halloween!! our tradition every year is that i make a huge pot (12 quarts stock pot) of beef veggie soup every halloween and anyone who is hungry (friends, neighbors or the children) are welcome to have some. i also do chocolate lollipops in halloween molds. we go all out with fog machines, moving and sound objects, creepy sound effects blasting, a cauldron with a crockpot inside that i add dry ice to and it smoke nicely. thats just a bit of what we do.

here is only a VERY small sample of decorations last year (i carved the pumpkins) on my deck.

img_849722_0_79326a63c5ffe4e55317dd97ed61b104.jpg

Sweet! Those are great pumpkins! I love all the decorations at Halloween. Not the same here in Florida though, too hot.
Lowe's has some cool decorations this year too.

Sweet! Those are great pumpkins! I love all the decorations at Halloween. Not the same here in Florida though, too hot.
Lowe's has some cool decorations this year too.
thank you!! i was in fla several times in the fall and it never felt like halloween. but we did universal halloween horror nights (this was many years ago) and WOW was it great!!
but i have also been to Salem, mass in the last week of october and it also didn't feel like halloween. i never figured that. i saw exactly 1 house with 1 pumpkin uncarved on my way out of town. my family was so dissapointed!! we figured Salem witches yada yada. but nope.

I would have been upset too. Knock on someones door and say wazzup? You have a rep to uphold here! :ROFLMAO:

You think halloween is bad in Fla. Christmas is worse. You should hear the words coming out of DH's mouth when he's putting lights up in 90 degree weather and sweats dripping off his nose!!! :LOL:

I would have been upset too. Knock on someones door and say wazzup? You have a rep to uphold here! :ROFLMAO:

You think halloween is bad in Fla. Christmas is worse. You should hear the words coming out of DH's mouth when he's putting lights up in 90 degree weather and sweats dripping off his nose!!! :LOL:
LOL we were there for thanksgiving while i was preg with 2nd girl. fla always looks the same. it never "feels" like the holiday is near. up in NJ area by turkey day xmas decorations all over is already in full swing for about a week before, getting ready for black friday!! it makes me laugh!! i'm like lets do thanksgiving FIRST peeps!! heehee that week is crazy for me because i have to work out the plans and food for thanksgiving, than i usually only have days to prepare for my daughters dec. 2nd birthday, than xmas to deal with than new years!! it gets crazy.

We've been enjoying the same Halloween traditions since the 1970's: takeout pizza, doughnuts, cider, & staying in to watch classic old horror films - whatever's on tv + selections from our huge DVD collection.

We also collect Halloween decorations & memorabilia. In fact, I have more Halloween decorations than I do Xmas stuff. Everything from brand-new realistic rubber tarantulas to valuable old antiques. I add something every year. I also enjoy carving pumpkins - everything from your basic "face" to the more intricate stuff. Here's one from last year of 3 wolves enjoying Halloween (hope I get this to work):

Attachments

• 3 Wolves best.JPG
    3 Wolves best.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 177
We've been enjoying the same Halloween traditions since the 1970's: takeout pizza, doughnuts, cider, & staying in to watch classic old horror films - whatever's on tv + selections from our huge DVD collection.

We also collect Halloween decorations & memorabilia. In fact, I have more Halloween decorations than I do Xmas stuff. Everything from brand-new realistic rubber tarantulas to valuable old antiques. I add something every year. I also enjoy carving pumpkins - everything from your basic "face" to the more intricate stuff. Here's one from last year of 3 wolves enjoying Halloween (hope I get this to work):

yup yup!! we do the same. only i make my big pot of soup instead of the takeout pizza. we have so much halloween decorations for inside and outside. we have many movies also but we like the classics. tmc has a good selection of horror during october. and we have been collecting those pumpkin masters books and tools for years. i copy the patterns so i don't ruin the books.

What can be better than old horror flicks with all the lights turned out?! I love that! MIL bought all the Freddy Kruger movies for us one year for Christmas so we include all of them as well.
And carmel apples! YUM! :LOL:

We just turn the a/c down lower! Can't convince DH to light a fire though. LOL

Sorry - can't lure me in with "Freddy Kruger" or the other "slash & gore" ilk. It's old-time Universal & Hammer studios' flicks for me. The majority of the modern stuff is just worthless junk in my opinion.

Halloween coming means "Aunt Jane" will be up to her usual antics...walking the halls, making racket, and strange noises...I wish she would just rest in peace...........

Halloween coming means "Aunt Jane" will be up to her usual antics...walking the halls, making racket, and strange noises...I wish she would just rest in peace...........

LOL At first I thought you meant What Ever Happened To Baby Jane, with Betty Davis!:ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom