"Halloween Monday" 31st October What Are You Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
where are you now, ppt? what country?

i'm about to start eating candy for dinner rather than give it to adults who are trick or treating. it's really annoying. i've had about a dozen parents so far whose kids aren't old enough to eat candy, but the parents still carry them up the stairs and hold out a bag for them.

grrrrr.

the really lazy ones just leave the kid in the stroller and one of the parents comes to collect.

it's not like they have older siblings or anything so they don't want the little ones to be left out. they're just being greedy.

Ordered a pizza: Italian sausage, green olives, pepperoni & extra cheese. Candy for dessert of course, if there's any leftover...

Dinner is cod fillets brushed with garlic butter and a squeeze of lemon. Side of fried rice, and a green salad. Woohoo! Cleaned out the fridge AND didn't eat all the candy for dinner.

Dinner is cod fillets brushed with garlic butter and a squeeze of lemon. Side of fried rice, and a green salad. Woohoo! Cleaned out the fridge AND didn't eat all the candy for dinner.

Baked?

I'm having a 100 Grand bar for dessert. Washing it down with red Mountain Dew.

dw and my boy just got home from trick or treating. i had the fish scale ready, and he ended up with just under 7 lbs. of candy. a pretty good haul.

so now i'm off to get something to eat. hopefully the new indian place is still open. if not, then it'll be tex-mex.

mmm, butter soaked fish.

ok this is going to be interesting. my first foray into vegetarian indian cooking. it's called the dosa house, but it also serves idll, vada, uttapam, and rave.

yeah, me too. i had no idea what the heck those were until i looked them up.

i ordered today's special veg biryani (i know what that is), chili masala dosa- the hottest thing on the menu, and the south indian vegetarian thali. the latter is a plate of small individual things, including rice, roti, 2 curries, papadum, pickles, rasam, and curd.

i have only a small idea of what i'm about to gratefully receive...lol.

Something quick and easy as I have a pear upside down cake I'm going to make.

That sounds good! mmm
I love pears. I caught a cooking show the other day, "Caprial and John's Kitchen," and they were making some kind of dessert with pears and chocolate. I couldn't stick around long enough to see exactly what it was. It looked goooood, though.

Here's the link to the recipe and a pic. It's a tasty cake. I did scorch the caramel just a bit, so cook's error there, but overall the cake is good.

307133_10150374171759004_598294003_8219307_1107678051_n.jpg

I borrowed the idea from "Hammster", but I used Hot Italian Sausage and added a bit of tomato sauce that I seasoned.

I had a good night, made a batch of tomato soup whilst drinking strongbow and ignoring the trick or treaters! I am so child friendly...!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom