Ham dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
someone entrusted me to giving her a ham dinner 'recipe'. any tips would be appreciated.
i said scalloped taters with.
thanks, guys.

Last edited:
This time of year, I would go ahead and cook the ham, put it in the fridge after it has cooled a bit, and serve it sliced cold with potato salad, maybe some coleslaw, fruit salad, some nice home-made rolls to use for little sandwiches.

great suggestions, guys. thanks.
she wanted to crock-pot her ham & i said she shouldn't. i only found a single crock-potted ham recipe online.
cold ham sammiches may be yummy, karen.

... she wanted to crock-pot her ham & i said she shouldn't. i only found a single crock-potted ham recipe online. ...

Wow, too bad ... there is no reason not to "crock" a small ham. Although my grandmothers cooked on the stovetop before the days of the "crock-pot" - they had several good "slow cooked pot-ham" recipes.

One that would certainly work with a crock-pot was a ham with red potatoes, onions and green beans. You could also use a ham and black-eyed peas and diced turnips/rutabagas .. . ham and pineapple with cherry tomatoes, green bell peppers and rice ...

Certainly more than one "crock-pot" recipe ....

Last edited:
This time of year, I would go ahead and cook the ham, put it in the fridge after it has cooled a bit, and serve it sliced cold with potato salad, maybe some coleslaw, fruit salad, some nice home-made rolls to use for little sandwiches.

That's exactly what we did last week when our son and his wife were here visiting, minus the fruit salad. I let the bakery make the homemade rolls. ;)

When we got tired of sliced ham sandwiches, I made ham salad by grinding together the ham, hard boiled eggs, and cheddar cheese, and then mixed in sweet pickle relish, a little mustard and Miracle Whip.

We just finished off the rest of the sliced ham last night...I cooked it in with scalloped potatoes and fresh broccoli, all in one dish.

You can have a choice of ham and potato supper.
Or Penne with ham and mushrooms or fresh salad, potato salad and ham

That ALL sounds so good. DH is having a birthday in a few weeks - we'll invite a houseful (patio full?) and I think I'll buy a ham at Costco and make potato salad, etc. And Moomie Buns! Yum

Back
Top Bottom