Happy Friday! July 25....what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
It will be leftovers from last night - cold roasted chicken thigh and I'll barely warm the leftover veggies. Not too exciting, but I do love cold leftover chicken. :)

Sesame chicken, steamed rice and crab rangoon. No, I didn't make it. The nice people at China Mountain did it for me.

I made bacon jalapeno poppers/ABTs without the smokies. The japs were really mild, but they were pretty tasty.

A pleasant day here today. Even the cleaning and laundry were a breeze.

We had grilled steaks, shredded hash browns cooked on the Griddler, sliced fresh tomatoes, buttered baby lima beans, iced tea, lemon pudding with whipped cream. We're full.

I defrosted my freezer today. Didn't feel like cooking. The son and his wife were off tonight so we met them at Smoke a local BBQ joint. I had the smoke master sandwich which was smoked brisket and pulled pork on a bun with cole slaw. Had macaroni and cheese and green beans with the sandwich.

We're hanging out in a hotel room in WV on our way to Michigan. I brought a cooler of food so we ate here in the room. Chicken salad with grapes, celery and garden basil on Asiago cheese bread, potato salad, corn-avocado-tomato salad and fudge brownie cookies for dessert.

I'm tired of grilling and eating hot weather food so I'm jacking up the ac and doing this recipe from Rock, with TJ's "spinach, fontina, roasted garlic chicken sausage". I might do it on the grill burner outside come to think of it.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f20/white-beans-a-la-provencal-89724.html

That's a good recipe Rock, and out of the norm for my usual Mexican influenced bean/sausage dish. The flavors were wonderful.

img_1377174_0_db949d608eee38bed4b88085baf76178.jpg

Your bean dish looks good Kayelle. I'll have to try Rock's recipe too. Bookmarked!

Himself and I split a couple things from a south coast eatery. We ordered a fish platter - something like five fillets plus a mountain of fresh french fries and a serving of coleslaw. To that we added an order of clams. An evil, breaded and fried dinner...and it was worth every calorie! :yum:

Your bean dish looks good Kayelle. I'll have to try Rock's recipe too. Bookmarked!

Himself and I split a couple things from a south coast eatery. We ordered a fish platter - something like five fillets plus a mountain of fresh french fries and a serving of coleslaw. To that we added an order of clams. An evil, breaded and fried dinner...and it was worth every calorie! :yum:

I was quite heavy handed with the herbs de Provence CG and it was sure something I'll do again. The mild flavored sausage added after it was browned made for a wonderful and easy meal. :yum:

Went to pick up the Kaffir lime tree and stopped for lunch at a popular Tex-Mex place. Since it is about 50 miles from home, Karen had never been there and I had only been there once before while working in the area. They put the normal chips and salsa on the table before we ordered. When our food showed up, the waitress asked if we wanted a "hotter" salsa and I said yes. She brought us a green salsa. Karen tried it and said it was really spicy. I ate the whole bowl and ended up taking a quart home.:yum: BTW, it wasn't really that hot, but it was really tasty.

We were both not very hungry at dinner time, so a rocket salad and store bought tortellini with a quick tomato sauce.

Mrs. K and I went "old school" last night. It was our anniversary, but I had to work an evening wine competition in a small town about an hour away. She doesn't usually accompany me to these things but, being our anniversary, she decided to come along.

Just a few miles from our destination, we passed a place called the Lakeside Supper Club out in the middle of nowhere. Now I think the last time I ate at any place called a supper club was probably sometime back in the 1980s. So we thought why not, and turned the car around.

It turned out to be really good. I had deep fried shrimp - the kind you used to see in restaurants as part of a "fisherman's catch" dinner, a baked potato, and veggies. Turns out the restaurant grows all of its own vegetables in an adjoining garden. Mrs. K had pork chops, which were perfectly cooked.

When the waitress found out it was our anniversary, she offered up free dessert. We opted to split one piece carrot cake. It was just right.

Good stuff, and it made me feel a little nostalgic. There aren't a lot of places like that anymore.

Happy Anniversary Steve.

We had leftovers last night - Chinese food, rotisserie chicken, pizza and salad. Now we can start all over! The kids are finally eating what is put in front of them so that is a big step.

Happy anniversary, Steve. Sounds like a good dinner and a fun place, especially since the produce is locally grown right next door!

Kay...wow, that bean soup looks amazing! :yum:

Back
Top Bottom