Happy Friday! What's For Dinner on 7/1/16?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve Kroll

Wine Guy
I have ribs "pre-cooking" in the oven right now, and will finish them later on the grill. I also made coleslaw to go along with it, and for dessert there's strawberry shortcake.

It's a few hours until dinner time, but I had to taste test the shortcake in the interest of quality control. :yum:

img_1471562_0_ee7c19f0b7a125e3640f22aad24e7bc0.jpg

Just returned from a 10 day small ship cruise along the west coast of Italy, so I'm inspired to make some Italian (sort of) dishes. Forecast is for thundershowers this evening, so I'm making Ligurian lemon chicken thighs in the pressure cooker.

Fagor America : Ligurian lemon chicken

We followed the old advice of "When in Italy, eat and drink like a Roman". Somehow, I didn't gain any weight. However, I'm going to tone it down for a bit. Sides for the chicken is corn on the cob and a green salad. Definitely no tiramisu afterwards.

Opened a can of worms for a bathroom remodel:wacko: Had to do Korean dine in! Thank goodness for Soju!:ROFLMAO:

Steve, your SS looks delish!

To add more to Craig's post, we had Korean seafood, scallion pancakes and galbi that were absolutely divine. Also had udon pork curry soup and pork bulgogi that were very good. The banchan served with were all very good as well, especially the pickled daikon and spicy cucumber. Also included kale, which I have never liked, steamed with sesame seeds and sesame oil. That could convert me with maybe a little more cooking of the kale. Excellent restaurant and I'll definitely be leaving a good review for them.

Last edited:
I got sick and puked tonight. No idea why. It came from nowhere. I feel better now but I can't eat a meal today. I have a lovely ripe cantaloupe that I may have later.

I guess only a handful of us are eating tonight (and others are vomiting, lol. Sorry to hear, Liz).

So my ribs came out falling off the bone and delicious. The photo doesn't really do it justice.

img_1471577_0_3e9638f692c981fcff24decb4025ccfc.jpg

Last edited:
I fixed a goulash of fried potatoes, cubed smoked ham, garden onions and garlic, and green pepper. One of DH's sons is in from Austin for the week; neat kid.

I had a small container of chicken chili in the freezer, so I stretched it out with some leftover rotisserie chicken and a can of Rotel with cheese, onion and cilantro on the top.

I'd love to have some of that Strawberry Shortcake Steve! Is there a secret to the shortcake?

Well, that was (not) fun. Reading along, imagining people's dinners and suddenly - "I puked." Thanks so much for letting us know. Kinda kills my interest in describing my meal.

Last edited:
We had Shoyu Chicken, Namasu, Quick Cucumber Kim Chee and steamed white rice with shoyu and furikake...
please, please, no photos please, it was just too ONO (delicious in Hawaiian)
Oh my gravy all over my two scoops rice (that's OMG! in my world),
the play off the salty chicken, the bite from the vinegar and fresh ginger in the namasu and then the heat from the korean red pepper in the kim chee
OH BABY! Heaven!
the rice with the soy sauce and seaweed seasoning complimented everything beautifully.
Try this "plate lunch special" who WILL NOT be disappointed!

I'd love to have some of that Strawberry Shortcake Steve! Is there a secret to the shortcake?
This is the recipe I use for shortcake:
Strawberry Shortcake - Swerve Sweetener

It's one of Carolyn Ketchum's recipes. If you're not familiar with her, she has a terrific blog called AllDayIDreamAboutFood. All low carb, with an emphasis on baked goods.

This is a very versatile dough. I could see making blueberry scones or muffins with this same recipe.

Steve, you must be cheating. That biscuit does not look gluten-free-Kosher. ;) J/K - it looks delicious. :yum:

Glad to hear that you are feeling better, Liz, but next time maybe be a tad less, um, descriptive? "My tummy was upset..." pretty much would clue us in.

Things sound good, photos look good. We had diner food. Actually, it hit the spot after walking all around the Canton Art Walk for a couple of hours. By the time we left, it was diner or bar food. A mushroom-and-Swiss omelet seems to be in my regular rotation. Himself had a turkey-and-bacon club sandwich, and Goober had a western-style BBQ burger.

Off to Akron's First Saturday tomorrow. I think we'll plan ahead and eat before going out this time.

CG, where was Loverly this evening, didn't she join you all?...
Thanks for asking, K-Girl. She works retail at Lowe's and works until closing this weekend. We have her all day Monday, though, and Tuesday, too. Besides, these artsy kind of events are OK, but she's more of a camping and hiking kinda gal. ;)

Back
Top Bottom