Happy Last Day of September Meal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabbur

Master Chef
I'm thinking meatloaf, mashed taters and gravy, green beans, salads. What will you serve to celebrate the end of the month?

After what seems like endless days of rain, it's finally a beautiful sunny day. So, we'll finally fire up the grill and grill some chicken thighs, tzatziki sauce, rice pilaf, and some sliced tomatoes.

Enjoy the day!

Good idea!

I just took some ground beef and lamb out of the freezer to make meatloaf. I'll make either mashed or baked potato to go with it.

Well I hadn't intended to celebrate the end of a month, but our dinner will be a beef and barley stew. Some aromatics, diced cabbage, and various herbs. Broth of chicken broth and red wine. More red wine to drink.

I'm going to mix some ground lamb with mint, oregano and onion, stuff it with a piece of feta and toss it on the grill. I've got some B sprouts I will saute inside and I'm leaning towards mashed potatoes myself, but no gravy, just copious amounts of butter.

i have some incredibly delicious ripe end-of-the-season heirloom tomatoes which will go into the making of mona schmitt's tomato mozzarella basil salad tonight. i'll use only a little of the red onion though so the mozzarella and tomatoes can truly shine in this sublime summer salad.... :)

This is a hard thread to find today for some reason. Not enough people eating tonight or something :huh:

Change of plans here. No Brussels sprouts. I decided to go with bacon wrapped asparagus instead. I had the sprouts out, but decided no. And no spud either. I'm going with pasta instead.
I did go with the lamb burgers though... decided to add some lemon zest to them.

Attachments

• lamb burger1.jpg
    lamb burger1.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 149
  • lamb burger2.jpg
    lamb burger2.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 156
Weird. I had to go through my subscribed threads again. Maybe it's this computer.

So I'm done eating. The rest of my pics. for good or worse... worse I guess :huh: But to heck with it.

Attachments

• lamb burger3.jpg
    lamb burger3.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 145
  • lamb burger4.jpg
    lamb burger4.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 148
Everything looks good at your houses. Here...it's pizza. Timer just went off!!

Dang, Pac, you did it again! Looks wonderful!

Went Thai. DH had nut encrusted grouper, I had Crying Tiger beef. Wish I could duplicate the sauce, it includes tamarind, apparently some honey, and some hot stuff, unlike other Crying Tiger sauce I've looked up online. The restaurant is tight-lipped and pretty vague on the ingredients for the sauce when asked.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom