Happy Valentine's Day! Whatcha cooking for your sweetheart?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f49/harrys-spicy-pork-ball-rendang-81320.html#post1179271. It was really delicious, as expected. I served it with brown basmati rice.

33814-albums294-picture5843.jpg

Dessert was a cold, berry, gelatin soufflé, which would have looked much prettier with some whipped cream piped on top. It was yummy:

33814-albums953-picture5842.jpg

Hey, I understand it's hard to pass up SELL TODAY stickers Dave! I'm used to them looking like a slice of prime rib. The bone on mine is always gifted to the darling little dog who lives across the street. :yum:

That photo is making me salivate. Been a while since I had a ribeye, or any good cut of steak. Sigh, soon as the hubby has a job...

Just a normal day for us. Tonight we had chicken fricassee with sage and onion stuffed acorn squash.

My simmered short ribs of beef in barbecue sauce worked out fine. 180F for 6 hours. It wasn't fantastic but kept me going until breakfast. :)

PAG, when I was a young mom like you I yearned to be able to afford a Filet Mignon. Now I would never trade one for a flavorful ribeye. To me, they're the best steak on the market, bar none.

Bone in ribeye cooked to medium rare has been my favorite from the first time I tried the cut. I've had Filet Mignon also and while it's good, it's no ribeye.

I wish I'd known that when I closed our business. I could've practically finished out your set. I had about a full service for 8 of all pieces. It's a gentle, restful pattern and has been around for a long time.

It is and I love blue and white. I use the set and mix and match with my cobalt blue Fiesta-ware. I have dinner plates and bowls for 12. It is the smaller pieces I am working on now like the bread and butter plates, fruit bowls, and so on. My Mom and Gram has them as long as I can remember so at least 50 years I guess.

Those type of sales are allowed deviations from the grocery list. LOL

NICE grill marks on that steak! It was getting to dark out to use the grill for mine so I did the CI skillet sear and oven finish method.

Hey, I understand it's hard to pass up SELL TODAY stickers Dave! I'm used to them looking like a slice of prime rib. The bone on mine is always gifted to the darling little dog who lives across the street. :yum:

img_1344842_0_ab5761a8beb88c8dc6bcde7ea076e6da.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom