Have you cooked with Quorn?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lamb&Guinness

Assistant Cook
For those who havent heard of it, Quorn is a vegetarian meat substitute.

I have some Quorn cutlets (their version of fake chicken breasts)

Im looking at some chicken recipes to use them in and a really want
to know from anyone who has used the stuff:

Is there any cooking process or technique that you should not use
with quorn? Im planning on sauteing or making a stew. Im just afraid
of it unexpectedly falling apart.

I had to look it up cause someone on DC used it a lot and I felt awkward reading her posts not knowing what it was/is. I haven't seen it and probably won't be looking for it either, I can substitute other stuff if I need to do protein but not meat. Maybe you should try contacting the 8th entry on this page for help with this question. Just trying to be helpful. Welcome to Discuss cooking also

Use them wherever you would use chicken breasts. They won't fall apart. I put them in a casserole last night and the only thing I did differently was add some vegetable broth since the quorn won't make it's own juice like a chicken breast. It was delicious. I also highly recommend the chicken tenders for stir fry and the meatballs for spaghetti.

Thanks for the info. Im really a meat eater, but got so burned out on chicken
(its all my ex would eat) that I actually prefer Quorn to chicken now.

I tried them in a stir fry. I cooked them in a separate pan because I thought they would fall apart too. They held up pretty well, though. They're OK for a quick (and expensive) meal, but I would usually prefer to go without. Seitan, especially home-made, is a much better substitute IMO.

I tried them in a stir fry. I cooked them in a separate pan because I thought they would fall apart too. They held up pretty well, though. They're OK for a quick (and expensive) meal, but I would usually prefer to go without. Seitan, especially home-made, is a much better substitute IMO.

Ive read about that in a chef's textbook. I think Ill try it.

I made the pot pies, and they turned out great. Just one thing I didn't consider:
Quorn doesnt shrink when cooked, so you have to use less Quorn than the recipe's
measurements for meat. Ill definitely make it again, but with probably half the amount.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom