"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2017, 09:52 AM   #1
Executive Chef

Having a party on your plate today, Thurs, 11/16/2017?

We are, shrimp and grits baby!

Old 11-16-2017, 11:22 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Salmon tonight, but I could eat the pickled, smoked deer hearts all day. Yum.

Old 11-16-2017, 02:00 PM   #3
Head Chef

well heck...

going to rain all afternoon/evening..

waffles and bacon seems like a good supper..

Ross
Old 11-16-2017, 02:58 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

I have various dabs of fresh vegetables that need to be used, along with the bean sprouts SC recently used in his Egg Foo Yung. We'll be having lo mein tonight, with the protein to be determined later.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 03:01 PM   #5
Honey Badger

Yes it is going to rain today/night.
Did you get the wind advisory warning to Ross?
It's really getting dark out already.Winds have kicked up.

Better get dinner done early.

Roasted chicken with sweet peppers
Mashed potatoes with gravy
Mixed veggies
parmesan bread..
Old 11-16-2017, 03:02 PM   #6
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Cooking View Post
well heck...

going to rain all afternoon/evening..

waffles and bacon seems like a good supper..

Ross
I have a secret. I hate buying appliances that don't fit in my kitchen, and I have a basement pantry too full of food to hold extra appliances. And a wood pantry stationed in the dining area to hold extra appliances, and there are basement shelves dedicated to appliances, and a microwave cabinet in the family room, to hold extra things from the kitchen, and a kitchen pantry full of food and no room for appliances and no counter space is ever left with most every food project. So I'm buying a waffle maker, as a gift to my DH because he likes waffles (and I don't). He won't be making them, I will be making them. I'm very excited for this gift for him (and he never reads here), so it will be a secret until Christmas. And bacon seems like the icing on the cake, I'll have to look around for some of the best bacon for him too. When people say that love makes you crazy, well, this is the perfect example of that.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:22 PM   #7
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissful View Post
I have a secret. I hate buying appliances that don't fit in my kitchen, and I have a basement pantry too full of food to hold extra appliances. And a wood pantry stationed in the dining area to hold extra appliances, and there are basement shelves dedicated to appliances, and a microwave cabinet in the family room, to hold extra things from the kitchen, and a kitchen pantry full of food and no room for appliances and no counter space is ever left with most every food project. So I'm buying a waffle maker, as a gift to my DH because he likes waffles (and I don't). He won't be making them, I will be making them. I'm very excited for this gift for him (and he never reads here), so it will be a secret until Christmas. And bacon seems like the icing on the cake, I'll have to look around for some of the best bacon for him too. When people say that love makes you crazy, well, this is the perfect example of that.
A lovely gift it will be... Just my thought but, I prefer the old fashioned round irons.. ( yes, we called them waffle irons ) Fond old memories, I suppose..
Going back so many years, waffles and bacon have been one of my comfort foods..

Munky... The wind has been stronger than usual for our area.. Love the rain.. The wind, not so much...

Ross
Old 11-16-2017, 06:09 PM   #8
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissful View Post
We LOVE corn and bacon waffles! I make the batter with flour and cornmeal. I use whey or buttermilk for the liquid. Then add a can of drained corn kernels and crispy chopped bacon. So good and leftovers get frozen and toasted when needed.
msmofet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 06:18 PM   #9
Certified Pretend Chef

Meatballs and sauce over spags.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:56 PM   #10
Executive Chef

It feels good (and smells good) to have the oven on. Pan of scalloped potatoes and oven roasted carrots. Pork chops in the fry pan.

Tags
party