Heinz Ketchup and Restaurants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
As far as I am concerned, Heinz is the best mass produced ketchup on the market. When my wife and I go to a restaurant and they use a no name brand of ketchup that is very unimpressive to us. It makes us think they if they are going to try to save a few bucks on inferior ketchup then where else are they trying to save money? Does anyone else feel this way?

Well put, GB.

When I see an off brand of ketchup on the table, I automatically think, "These guys cut corners.".

Of course, there may be regional differences. In other parts of the country, Hunt's (or other) may be the brand considered the best.

I agree, but I know places that refill the Heinz bottles with crappy stuff. They always have a full bottle to offer you, but it's not new and you can tell it's not heinz.

yeah I have run into that too Jenny. You open this bottle of "Heinz" and it just pours right out like water LOL. Who do they think they are trying to fool :rolleyes: ?

Heinz is a great company - ketchup, mustard, chili sauce, vinegar but I WANT MAYONNAISE! You can't buy the stuff anywhere!!!!! The mayo is, dare I say, better than Duke's! (....ok, running away now) :)

Heinz is the best! We serve ours in little glass ramekins from a jar with a pump in it. I could never stand the thought of someone sticking their knife into a jar of ketchup or mustard to get it out...and have seen it done!

kitchenelf said:
Heinz is a great company - ketchup, mustard, chili sauce, vinegar but I WANT MAYONNAISE! You can't buy the stuff anywhere!!!!! The mayo is, dare I say, better than Duke's! (....ok, running away now) :)

I'm glad you reminded me of this, elf. I'd forgotten to tell you that I looked at 3 different grocery stores and none of them carry Heinz mayonnaise. Being in PA, I really thought we would be able to get it. Sorry! :(

Thanks PA - I didn't find it in Oregon either. I just don't think they sell it to the public unless you go to a restaurant supply "store" online where you have to buy a 3-case minimum and that's just a tad more mayo than I need at one time! lol

Sorry, couldn’t disagree more. I hate Heinz; it is repulsive and disgusting, and tasteless as far as ketchup goes. On the other hand, Del Monte is awesome ketchup. Absolutely love it.

But then, of course, one should not argue about taste. We should get a poll going to see how many people prefer Heinz, Del Monte, Hunts, is there others?

I like Del Monte also. When I was growing up one of my aunts prepared the BEST fried oysters and always served Del Monte catsup with the meal. I liked them so much that whenever she decided to have them she would call and invite me. I never turned her down.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom