Help with Gnocchi/seafood dinner menu.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Village Idiot

Assistant Cook
I'm going to try this one evening this week. I've got several recipes for Gnocchi, but the stipulation is seafood.

I was thinking Gnocchi with crab in some type of sauce, but I really wanted a tomato sauce. How would crab go with this? Would it? Traditionally you see crab is cream sauces or in something like alfredo.

And as this would be the main dish, would could I fix with it. Would sea scallops wrapped in bacon be a viable main course? Would some type of fish be better served? What's a good Italian fish main course?

I'm going to try this one evening this week. I've got several recipes for Gnocchi, but the stipulation is seafood.

I was thinking Gnocchi with crab in some type of sauce, but I really wanted a tomato sauce. How would crab go with this? Would it? Traditionally you see crab is cream sauces or in something like alfredo.

And as this would be the main dish, would could I fix with it. Would sea scallops wrapped in bacon be a viable main course? Would some type of fish be better served? What's a good Italian fish main course?

I can only address the sauce issue. I love a creamy tomatoe/vodka sauce (often just called a pink sauce) with seafood. We frequent a little Italian restaurant that has this sauce over seafood, and he puts artichoke hearts in it also--to die for.

There are plenty of seafood recipes in red sauces. Don't let that be a concern.

Sea scallops sitting on a little bed of lemon risotto (in the risotto you could add your veggies such as asparagus and shallots) would make a great first course.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom