Hey Mom/Dad what's for dinner 9/15/10?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
These are the major players in dinner tonight are:
  1. B/S Chicken Breasts
  2. Asparagus (uncooked)
  3. Carrots (uncooked)
  4. Leftover Black Quinoa Pilaf
The minors to pick from are:
  1. Baby Red & Yukon potatoes
  2. Rice (brown, jasmine, basmati & white)
  3. Dry Pasta (several mini shapes & linguine)
  4. Fresh pasta (ravioli & spinach fettuccine)
  5. Fresh Herbs - oregano & basil
  6. Fresh garlic & onions
  7. Fresh tomatoes (2 ugly ripes)
  8. Canned tomatoes
  9. Canned mushrooms
  10. Beef & chicken broth
Now what to do with that?

Do you have any plans?

Wow, Ms M, I'm coming to your "restaurant" tonight! I love your a la carte menu!

Not sure yet what is for dinner. I am thinking ham steaks with pineapple and the leftover baby new potatoes from last night fried. Probably more snap peas because we have a ton of them!

Going to the grocery after my job interview. Hope I can find inspiration there. Nerves getting the better of me right now. Haven't done an interview in 15 years and haven't done interpreting in 3 months so am a bit rusty.

I still have no solid clue as to what I will chose to make with which of those ingredients. THEN once I get a clue I have to solidify it!! LOL

I may just order take out!! LOL

Family wants chinese take out!!

Last edited:
Going to the grocery after my job interview. Hope I can find inspiration there. Nerves getting the better of me right now. Haven't done an interview in 15 years and haven't done interpreting in 3 months so am a bit rusty.

You will do fine in your interview. You have worked very hard for this. My thoughts and prayers are with you - do let us know! :)

Not sure yet what is for dinner. I am thinking ham steaks with pineapple and the leftover baby new potatoes from last night fried. Probably more snap peas because we have a ton of them!

It was a long overdue freezer cleaning day (we have four of them!) and I found some baby back ribs so I think this is what we will have.

Hello everyone,

What a beautiful day were are having here on Long Island.

msmofit - I'm not showing your post to my kids . . . too many good choices . . . lol. I'm going to have to look into those McCormick Inspirations . . . I'm craving your dinner from last night.

We have a busy afternoon as two of my boys have track practice . . . of course, at opposite directions.

So to make things easy, dinner will be hot dogs. Not the healthiest choice, but easy on a busy night.

HAGD!

Last edited:
. I am thinking ham steaks with pineapple ...

I guess last night's dinner inspired you? :rolleyes:

I didn't get a pic but here's what I did for the apple topping yesterday. I peeled and sliced 4 crispin apples, sauted them in some butter until slightly soft then added a bit more butter and a few tablespoons of brown sugar, then cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Mixed and let it cook a bit longer and then finished it off with the juice of 1/2 a lemon and served it over the ham steaks.

Tonight it will be pasta topped with a "sauce" made from EVOO, garlic, butter, parm, and steamed asparagus

Last edited:
Procedure turned out fine, still questions about what's causing my GI upset. I'm ravenous...so who knows, I think I'll just clean out the fridge! I know there's garlic mashed and gravy in there and some leftover chicken from the Mandarin Salad the other night.

Thanks for the good wishes 4me and Laurie. The interview went well and now I'm just waiting for them to decide to hire me. My son is here tonight so I'm making pork chops in onion gravy with mashed taters and salads.

Good Luck! You'll do great!

PrincessFiona60 - Glad to hear that your procedure is over . . . enjoy your meal, you deserve it.

jabbur - Glad to hear that your interview went well . . . sending positive vibes that you'll get the job.

Jabbur, I have my fingers crossed for you to get hired... I bet you will!

PF, It sounds like your GI problems are fixable.....always a good thing. Hope you feel better soon.

I'm experimenting tonite with my little individual casseroles. If they turn out well I'll be back with my recipe. Basically they are layered starting with spinach, then chicken slices, then mushrooms,then sliced Swiss cheese then buttered stuffing mix, and topped with cream of mushroom soup mixed with sherry. What's not to like, huh?

Green salad too.

Back
Top Bottom