Holiday Cookie Report

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Psiguyy

Sous Chef
Post your Holiday Cookie summaries here. How did your baking for Christmas go? How many cookies or how many pounds of butter did you use?

I used 10 lbs of butter this year and all the cookies are gone.

Baked one last batch of cookies today for a party tonight.

Baked about 400 shortbread cookies this year. Took me all week because of my foot injury. Usually takes me two days. Mix dough one day, bake the next.

psiguy, this must be the year of the shortbread cookies. Made ton's...5 lbs of butter worth, plus spiced pecans and pecan tarts to give as gifts!
diet next week. It's freezing here today so I'm beginning my Christmas dinner in advance (dirty rice..check). Made a pecan pie with spice pecans, really good. will make a sweet potato tongight as well, may as well get dessert done. Merry Christmas everyone.

Only 6 lbs of butter here. But a couple pounds of cream cheese too. Shortbread, maple cookies and cheesecake. Also tried out a white chocolate raspberry tart. I will let you know how that goes. It isn't gelling well at the moment.

Alix, I bought a ton of white chocolate for my truffles and ginger shortbread, got a great buy on quality bars, so have some left over. Tell me more about that rasberry tort please? what sort of crust does it have? Filling? thanks

6 lbs of butter here - and surprisingly not as much sugar as I thought - the 10# bag is still unopened!

Made French Butter cookies (with real French butter!), pinwheels, these little triple dough shortbreads of pistachio, chocolate and vanilla dough - pretty; spritz ribbons of green, white and red; peanut butter blossoms; decorated sugar cookies; chocolate mint and chocolae raspberry shortbreads; molasses 'bull's eyes'; 5 lb of fudge, and white cherry almond bark.

Still have a ton left, but still have trays to give away; and the hubbie's family is coming Monday, so I'm sure they'll finish off what's left!

Back
Top Bottom