How did you break your fast today 12/19/18?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustJoel

Executive Chef
We don’t talk much about breakfast on DC, but I made myself a delicious and kind of unusual morning meal, and I wanted to share it with you!

I found a tin of artisan Italian tuna in the cupboard that I purchased probably a year ago. So I made some toast points, spread them thinly with some Kewpie, topped them with a roughly chopped jammy egg and some sliced green olives and a little sprinkle of Louisiana hot sauce. Then I spread the delicious, mild tuna on top, gave it a very small sprinkle of coarse sea salt and a grinding of black pepper.

So good!

I had leftover Kalua pork, much improved by the Tom's BBQ sauce I used and some watermelon chunks.

There is a breakfast thread, but it is seldom visited. Besides, it's already tomorrow on the other side of the world, and my after work meal is everyone else's breakfast. So I guess that makes this also the dinner thread for Wednesday.

:wacko:

Anyway, I had a simple American cheese and Gulden's mustard on Wonder white for breakfast/dinner.

Big glass of OJ on ice as well.

So, Joel, why did you buy a cupboard a year ago with a can of tuna in it? ;)

Last edited:
Same thing as always. 1 sandwich, 500 ml tea and 100 ml yogurt and medicine...

I had a bowl of cauliflower curry, that I got out of the freezer last night. It was very hot, so it did a good job of waking me up!

BuckyTom wrote:
So, Joel, why did you buy a cupboard a year ago with a can of tuna in it?

Haha! And I’m usually so careful with stuff like that! Well, I try to be!

Lol, me too. Msmofet usually catches my errors, like if I mention an old girlfriend, she'll ask why I dated old women. :ermm::LOL:

My dad was a writer and editor for the Associated Press in the second half of his life. He cursed me with reading things in a very literal view before trying to comprehend the connotation.

Well breakfast was half my Italian hero saved from last night's dinner.
Lunch was a McD's Egg McMuffin (with half a hash brown and hot sauce on top of the egg) and home brewed coffee.
Dinner is planned to be split pea with ham soup.

Bucky :angel:

Last edited:
I didn't have anything on my calendar today, so after I woke up to let Psycho-Poodle out, and gave him his breakfast (a large MilkBone), I went back to bed.

I had a hot dog with mustard and sauerkraut for lunch. Dinner is still TBD.

CD

I got up like 3 times today, and on the third try, I stayed awake. I had a slice of cold pepperoni pizza once, don't remember which time.

Is this the dinner thread? Or is this one the dinner thread >>>http://www.discusscooking.com/forum...r-dinner-12-18-2018-a-101266.html#post1575866? I am a bit confused.

Homemade Split pea soup with ham

pea_soup_121918_IMG_5197.JPG

Last edited:
Sounds so good, all. I love breakfast. :LOL: Usually it's a kind of late morning egg dish, or a bowl of cereal and fruit. I'm not one to rise early and eat right away. :ermm::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom