How do you like your dogs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
I watched a history of hot dogs on the Food Network yesterday, and they went all over the country asking people what they liked on their hot dogs. It ended up making me hungery for hotdogs, so I boiled up some Ballpark Franks for supper.
I like mine with mustard, kraut, a little sweet relish, and grated cheese on a toasted bun, with the hot dog sitting on top of the goodies. If I'm doing it simple, then it's just mustard and relish or mustard and kraut.

So I'm curious...what do y'all like on your hotdogs?

Well.. the important thing is that they are cooked over a campfire. I really dislike
boiled hotdogs. Then ketchup, onions and more onions, and some dill or sweet pickles.
I like sweet better but Paul likes dill so we have that more often.

Constance - I pretty much like mine like you do - if I have everything then kraut, either brat mustard or the yellow stuff, relish, and a few chopped onions - if I don't have anything I for sure have mustard and relish - which if you are craving a hotdog it works for me!

I REALLY like my bun toasted and I prefer those buns that Howard Johnson's used to have but I never can find them. They also served their clam strips in them.

Forgot to say I really llke them grilled but boiled is just fine too. My favorite grilled dog is a Hebrew National with bacon wrapped around it.

Last edited:
Coney Dog, my way

I like a boiled hotdog with mustard on the bottom, then the dog, a big spoonful of thick chili w/beans and onions and grated cheese on top. Nothin' better! Oh, some hot sauce or chopped jalepenos on top if you can take it. Any type of bun
will do.

2 ways for me

Summertime: Cooked on an open fire then served on a bun with mustard & ketchup

Wintertime: Boiled or nucked then served on a bun with Chili Sauce, chopped onions and mustard.

This is great on dogs, brats, etc. If you like mustard, kraut and relish, you'd love this stuff.
chowgrp.jpg

I like my dogs reasonably smart, easygoing, don't bark early in the morning or poo everywhere in the house...:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Ah, you guys are talking about hotdogs.... I like mine either grilled or broiled, with sauerkraut and german sweet mustard...

*shudder* Never did like hot dogs. Maybe it's because my brother worked part-time at Hormel when he was in high-school... :sick:

:mrgreen:
Z

Only one way for me!
It starts with D&Watson "BEEF" franks
Grill to full low and a couple dogs on upper rack off set to the fire not directly over. And wait it is worth it. Just let the dogs sit and swell and sweat. The juices find their way around the dog and they will plump up untill they split. It takes me over 20 minutes to do them on the grill but it is worth the wait. It is easy to get a hot dog hot enough to eat but it takes time to get them just right.
And a Ball park does not even compair to a D&watson Beef frank.IMO Once I ever did this I have never looked back and I look at the Dog in a whole new light. Doing like this while doing an instant mashed in the Microwaive and preheating oven to 350. When dogs are done on grill and Instant mashed are done then top dogs with potatoes and your favorite shredded cheese ( sharp chedder) for me and place on cookie sheet and put in oven for addtional 5 to 10 mins for the best tasting Pig in a blanket country style ever. Ok now I know what is for my dinner tomorrow night.:pig:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom