How do you make Steak and Eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yup, that's usually the case, glc. when ordering from a diner, the steaks are thin, overcooked, and overall crappy which ruins the dish.

that's why i started the thread. well, really the opposite. i hadn't ordered steak and eggs out in a very long time, but when i made it at home recently with good quality leftover steaks, the experience was sublime.

what did you do in tv news production?

I agree, but, in "those certain occasions", at 3:30AM, I am not above a LOVELY(at the time) 12oz, almost wafer thin, diner style t-bone steak and eggs. There was always something almost magical about it.

GLC, I "update" it at home, because why the heck not? It can only get better, right?

cas, if you have a searing burner on a gas grill, or are able to get a cast iron pan screaming hot without setting off the smoke detectors, then you'll be able to cook a 1/4 inch steak properly medium rare or even rare. otherwise you're sol.

Exactly, just like 1 min on each side, let it rest. Screaming hot indeed, you will even get a little bit of crust if you are lucky.

BT, you know of any good Bolivian'Peruvian places in the lower east/west side? I can't remember what neighborhood we were in, but there was a real deal Peruvian place(actually served guinea pig) but did a great Tacu Tacu.

Thin cut steak, fried egg and fried plantains with beans and rice. . . SO darned good!

I use leftover steak, even pork steak, just nuking it for a minute while the eggs cook.

I also love to fry a couple of slices of meatloaf to have with my eggs. I could nuke the meatloaf, but it fries up so nicely. Not steak & eggs but close.

Fresh (shot the previous day) , 1 whitetail = 2 tenderloins = 2 to 6 breakfast servings.

That is about the way it was the liver and the tenderloin were the first two things that went into the frying pan.

I can still smell the damp red and black plaid wool along with the Hoppes gun oil. I loved the food but, I hated the long drawn out stories that accompanied the food! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Chicken Fried Steak and Eggs with sausage gravy and home fries. (I can hear my cardiologist screaming)

I use cubed steak for that.

Try pork chops and Eggs...

We must be related!! Some biscuits are good for helping with the gravy, too. This is why I bought an excercycle......

Back
Top Bottom