"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 07-26-2006, 11:07 PM   #31
Senior Cook

Talking

I like mine

well done
cheddar cheese
mayo
onion
lettuce
pickles
on a sesame seed bun

Old 07-26-2006, 11:10 PM   #32
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Medium well to well. Don't l ike my burgers mooing back at me.
Depending on my mood I'll just take ketchup. Sometimes ketchup and mustard. Sometimes mayo and ketchup. Sometimes just mayo.
Love cheese and fresh cut tomatoes on it too.

Old 07-26-2006, 11:33 PM   #33
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyCooking
bison burger
Lubbock Texas, best I ever had...with everythin.....don't be skeerred to add the Jalapenos ~
#1 Rule for Dieting.....If it "Tastes Good"...Spit-it-OUT!!
TexasTamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:01 AM   #34
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeraBlue
Someone mentioned stuffing the cheese in the burger...there is a place in Westwood, NJ called the Ironhorse (its next to a railroad stop) that stuffs the cheese in the burger. Magnificent.
do they still offer pickles and coleslaw on every table as an appy? haven't been there in years.
i used to love that place. good sangria, and i loved the chatanooga chicken sammich, as well as the swiss and mushroom smothered chicken, and the bleu stuffed burger. it's weird that after 15 years or more, i still remember and can picture the dishes i enjoyed there.

quick story: years ago, my church theatre group used to perform a "living stations of the cross" on good friday. it became so popular that we were invited to perform it for a larger crowd outdoors in that little park with the gazebo in westwood, across from the iron horse. well, being blue eyed and having long, light brown hair circa 1980, i played jesus (as everyone knows nazarenes looked like aryans... ).

we would silently act out each station while the bible passages were read over the loud speaker. i was "pretend" crucified on a 12 foot tall cross and propped up on that gazebo for hours as thousands of people went by in a procession, saying their prayers. being early april, and i was only hanging there in a loin cloth, i froze my butt off.

one year during dress rehearsal just before the performance, the actors who were supposed to take me down from the cross and wrap me in a death shroud messed up and dropped me, causing my back to slide down the cross, peeling a huge strip of skin off my back on the foot peg.
well, we went on a little while later, my back bleeding profusely. little old ladies passed out, as children cried over the "too realistic" blood on my tunic.
we got a lot of complaints over the gore factor, and weren't invited back...

getting back: one burger i like is a leitrim burger.
85% lean, of beef or lamb, (i also like buffalo or vennison). a slice o' irish cheddar melted on top, then raw sweet or red onion, a good squirt of ketchup, a slice of irish bacon, beefsteak tomato slices, romaine or crisp red, or even boston bib lettuce, on a multigrain burger roll schmeared with mayo.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 01:31 PM   #35
Executive Chef

Ok....when I don't get my White Castles I take it this way.

Medium
red onion thinly sliced
thin slices tomato
4 slices of bacon
Thousand Island Dressing
Onion Kaiser Roll
Old 07-27-2006, 02:00 PM   #36
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangbang
Ok....when I don't get my White Castles I take it this way.

Medium
red onion thinly sliced
thin slices tomato
4 slices of bacon
Thousand Island Dressing
Onion Kaiser Roll
I am sorry I just don't think white castles fall in the catagory of a burger
I am not sure what catagory they fall in.

True story I wanted to try them and there were really cheap this was years
ago, so I bought alot of them I couldn't eat them they were so bad. I gave
them to my dog and she wouldn't even eat them. All the white castles
closed in this part of the country.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:59 PM   #37
Executive Chef

The ironhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
do they still offer pickles and coleslaw on every table as an appy? haven't been there in years.
i used to love that place. good sangria, and i loved the chatanooga chicken sammich, as well as the swiss and mushroom smothered chicken, and the bleu stuffed burger. it's weird that after 15 years or more, i still remember and can picture the dishes i enjoyed there.

quick story: years ago, my church theatre group used to perform a "living stations of the cross" on good friday. it became so popular that we were invited to perform it for a larger crowd outdoors in that little park with the gazebo in westwood, across from the iron horse. well, being blue eyed and having long, light brown hair circa 1980, i played jesus (as everyone knows nazarenes looked like aryans... ).

we would silently act out each station while the bible passages were read over the loud speaker. i was "pretend" crucified on a 12 foot tall cross and propped up on that gazebo for hours as thousands of people went by in a procession, saying their prayers. being early april, and i was only hanging there in a loin cloth, i froze my butt off.

one year during dress rehearsal just before the performance, the actors who were supposed to take me down from the cross and wrap me in a death shroud messed up and dropped me, causing my back to slide down the cross, peeling a huge strip of skin off my back on the foot peg.
well, we went on a little while later, my back bleeding profusely. little old ladies passed out, as children cried over the "too realistic" blood on my tunic.
we got a lot of complaints over the gore factor, and weren't invited back...

getting back: one burger i like is a leitrim burger.
85% lean, of beef or lamb, (i also like buffalo or vennison). a slice o' irish cheddar melted on top, then raw sweet or red onion, a good squirt of ketchup, a slice of irish bacon, beefsteak tomato slices, romaine or crisp red, or even boston bib lettuce, on a multigrain burger roll schmeared with mayo.
Somehow I knew you'd know this place. I haven't been there in close to 15 years, either. Do you remember the two pronged forks??? I enjoyed your story, but I thought it was going to lead up to someone bringing you a burger while you hung on the cross.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:00 PM   #38
Executive Chef

rickle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickell
I am sorry I just don't think white castles fall in the catagory of a burger
I am not sure what catagory they fall in.

True story I wanted to try them and there were really cheap this was years
ago, so I bought alot of them I couldn't eat them they were so bad. I gave
them to my dog and she wouldn't even eat them. All the white castles
closed in this part of the country.

just a little hint, rickle...it helps if you are high.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:03 PM   #39
Head Chef

I like mine,
Ground chuck
Medium rare
Vidalia onion
Tomato (from the garden)
Chedder
Mayo
Lettuce
and has been said, a roll worth eating
Old 07-27-2006, 06:46 PM   #40
Executive Chef

We usually do our burgers medium well, just to be on the safe side.
green chile
cheddar
lettuce
tomato
avocado or guac

Occasionally we like bacon and/or sauteed mushrooms. Now I want burgers & french fries! Maybe this weekend. Maybe it should be a "dine with us"?