How do you take your burger?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
Mine:

Medium rare-85% lean beef
Swiss Cheese
Sauteed mushrooms
Jersey tomato
Green leaf lettuce
S&P
Ketchup-a little
Sesame seed kaiser roll

Well done. I just can't eat pink meat.
Swiss Cheese
Fried onions, nice and brown but not crunchy
Sauteed mushrooms
Salt pepper
ketchup
and usally only the bottom of the bun. I don't like to much bread with my burger.

( some one could throw on a few pieces of bacon too.. I wouldn't complain toooo much)

fried onions

I actually love onions on a burger, raw red ones, crunchy fried ones like from Durkee, and sauteed onions...

But, I have this boyfriend, and I would hate to have any embarrassing onion moments. So, if we happen to be together, I forego the onion, but if I'm alone, bring em on.

VeraBlue said:
But, I have this boyfriend, and I would hate to have any embarrassing onion moments. So, if we happen to be together, I forego the onion, but if I'm alone, bring em on.

After marriage, you don't need to worry about those things.

It depends. Since husband doesn't eat red meat, burgers made at home are always turkey burgers, so they're well done. Not dry cooked-to-death, but cooked through. When dining out, I usually have a beef or bison burger, in which case I order them "medium".

As for toppings, my favorite is crumbled blue cheese or blue cheese dressing, along with ketchup, dill pickle relish, sliced fresh tomato, & sliced raw sweet white or red onion.

However, to be honest, I've never met a burger I didn't like, & also enjoy them with everything from a mundane slice of melted American or Velveeta, to cheddar, swiss, mushrooms, etc. The only thing I've never warmed up to on burgers is bacon. Somehow I just find the salt & smokiness too overwhelming.

all sorts of ways

the burger itself med/well closer to well
i like burgers all sorts a ways but my favorite is
topped with bacon and maytag blue cheese.
always on a onion bun unless i am making a pattymelt

love burgers

The meat itself must be medium rare -- quite pink. So that rules out most fast-food (never been a big fan anyway) or restaurant hamburgers, since all but the ridiculously expensive restaurants seem to err on the side of safety and serve their ground meat too well done for my liking.

So we eat our own grilled or pan-grilled hamburgers. And for us, simplicity rules here and in most cooking -- high-quality meat, a thin slice of good cheddar or Swiss (optional), sliced tomato, sliced sweet or red onion, lettuce, a little mayo and mustard, and, very important, a bun worth eating. That's it.

If we want other stuff with the ground beef, such as sauteed mushrooms, then we'll not do sandwiches but just have the patties with the other ingredients.

Last edited:
suzyQ3 said:
And for us, simplicity rules here and in most cooking -- high-quality meat, sliced tomato, sliced sweet or red onion, lettuce, a little mayo and mustard, and, very important, a bun worth eating. That's it.

Good policy. It's a burger, not filet mignon.:) To each his own though.

"To each his own though"

When it comes to food, always -- as long as it's not illegal. And even then, well.....:LOL:

Burgers are the ONLY red meat I eat cooked over Rare...I go med-med well typically.

All I want is some american cheese, thick cut bacon, crisp bib lettuce, beefsteak tomato, and some red onion. A dab of mayo and ketchup, all on a grilled poppyseed kaiser.

VeraBlue said:
Mine:

Medium rare-85% lean beef
Swiss Cheese
Sauteed mushrooms
Jersey tomato
Green leaf lettuce
S&P
Ketchup-a little
Sesame seed kaiser roll

wow, get rid of cheese and that is exactly how I take mine

Eureka!

BreezyCooking said:
However, to be honest, I've never met a burger I didn't like, & also enjoy them with everything from a mundane slice of melted American or Velveeta, to cheddar, swiss, mushrooms, etc. The only thing I've never warmed up to on burgers is bacon. Somehow I just find the salt & smokiness too overwhelming.

I have to admit, I feel the same way, even about the bacon.

TATTRAT said:
Burgers are the ONLY red meat I eat cooked over Rare...I go med-med well typically.

All I want is some american cheese, thick cut bacon, crisp bib lettuce, beefsteak tomato, and some red onion. A dab of mayo and ketchup, all on a grilled poppyseed kaiser.

Have you ever ground your own beef for a burger?

I'll take my burger similar to Red Robin's Banzai burger with fresh lean ground beef, marinated in teriyaki and topped with grilled pineapple, Cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and mayo - well done - 95% ground lean sirloin and tenderloin preferably.

Last edited:
Dina said:
I'll take my burger similar to Red Robin's Banzai burger with fresh lean ground beef, marinated in teriyaki and topped with grilled pineapple, Cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and mayo - well done - 95% ground lean sirloin and tenderloin preferably.

That's a good burger!

I like mine with lettuce and tomato, Heinz 57 and French fried potatoes...

Oh, wait - that's Buffett's burger.

Mine are juicy medium, with a little pink. Mayo (on both sides of the bun), ketchup, yellow mustard, lettuce, and tomatoes. Grilled onions are lovely, and I could care about the cheese if the meat is good.

Back
Top Bottom