How long can you survive on the food already in your house?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are just two of us..... if we are talking about having running water, electricity and gas available, I'd say about

....2 years or more!!!

I have, roughly:

150 quarts of tomato sauce/marinara/whole (just canned)
25 cans of tuna
12 cans of chicken
12 cans of lump crab meat
20 cans of vienna sausage
20 pounds of pasta
10 pounds or rice
25 cans of assorted beans
10 bags of Panko bread crumbs
100 pounds of bread flour
1 pound of yeast (in the freezer)
4 Costco sized jugs of cannola oil
4-8 different sizes of designer olive oil
15-18 different super-sized Penzey spices, including dried roasted onions, garlic powder, different dried chilis, cumin, Italian seasoning, etc
2 huge blocks of Pecorino Romano cheese (in the freezer)
8 jars of clam juice
6 jars each of lime and lemon juice
4 cases of organic low-sodium chicken stock (from Costco)
50 - odd pounds assorted frozen meat including Italian sausage, chopped meat, chicken breasts, pounded veal cutlets, pork loin, steak, beef stew meat, etc.

Don't get me started on the stocking up I just did on some big sales (talking 20-30 each) on canned:
pineapple chunks
peach slices
green beans
corn niblets
creamed corn

Then you got to factor in the oatmeal, frozen butter, frozen fruit (blueberries, pineapple chunks, papaya, raspberries, strawberries, etc) 15-20 pounds of sugar, then the vanilla sugar, brown sugar, raw sugar and jugs of maple syrup for b-fast type foods.

Using my imagination, and making lots of pasta w/garlic & oilve oil sauce, rice & beans, stews (to stretch the meat)etc --- eating one good meal a day --- making two loaves of bread a day (we each eat 1/2 a loaf for the other meals), we'd do very very well for quite a long long time!

Back
Top Bottom