"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 10-06-2004, 09:43 PM   #21
Master Chef
Some days, once ... starting when I wake, finishing when I hit the sack. I wake very early often, and start the day with a cup of soup or some kind of leftovers. Then I'm inclined to eat an early lunch around 10:30, then we eat dinner/supper around 6.

Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 11:25 PM   #22
Master Chef
First thing I have breakfast about 5:30 am. About 9 or 10 I have a snack. Then I have lunch whenever I get hungry. Then I usually have another snack around 2-3. Dinner is typically around 6 to 7 pm.

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 12:29 PM   #23
Master Chef
Well it depends on if I'm working that day. If I work a 7a - 3p I usually only have my morning cup of hot tea and then mid day I have a coke and then I eat supper later on about 5:30.

If I work a double 7a - 11p I will either grab a snack mid day and each supper or each lunch and find a small snack when I get home.

Now if I'm off work and at home all day it just depends on my mood and the time of the month :D I'm not a big breakfast eater so I generally eat lunch and supper. I'm not a big snacker unless like I mention before its that time of the month......then get out of my way when I'm in search for something because I never fully figure out what it is (something salty or something sweet) so I just graze.
Se non supporta il calore, vattene dalla cucina!
SizzlininIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 12:30 PM   #24
Senior Cook
I usually try to eat at least twice, but depending on the size of my lunch, I may stave off my desire to poke around in the kitchen for dinner. I haven't eaten breakfast since I was a kid.
- Weeks
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 12:36 PM   #25
Master Chef
Send a message via MSN to crewsk
It depends on my mood. Most days I eat 2 meals. I snack a lot through out the day. If I skip breakfast I eat lunch around 11 ond then we eat supper around 6 or 7. If I eat breakfast, I skip lunch & just grab a light snack in the afternoon then have supper. I normally don't eat after 8:30 or 9 at night.
"Treat everyone with politeness,even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are."
crewsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 01:18 PM   #26
Hospitality Queen
Coffee (mostly decaf) at 6, followed by another cup and a promax bar (need the high protein so I don't get the hypoglycemia amped up)

Pretty big lunch around 11, usually leftovers with a lot of water. Sometimes Taco Bell comes into play.

After school snack with the kids around 3 (love multigrain crackers with cream cheese & sun dried tomatoes, with sparkling water.

Big fat dinner at 7:30 - the more fat grams, red meat, alfredo, and carbs, the better. Of course, there's always salad, avocados, veggies and usually fruit too.

8:00 pretend dessert. That's when I have dessert with the kids. Usually a little fall fruit (look on the crock pot thread for the recipe)

10:00 real dessert. Kids are sleeping, hubby is almost asleep, and the evening is mine! Wine and tiramisu is a pleasant combo.

Come visit my foodie blog: www.SockmonkeysKitchen.com
This week's topic: Pinterest and Potatoes
jkath is offline   Reply With Quote