How's Dinner coming along? 2-14-2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
Here is where we be.

Also fixing mashed potatoes, compound butter and pulled some cream puffs from the freezer.

What's happening in your kitchen?

Attachments

• DSCN5641.jpg
    DSCN5641.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 135
  • DSCN5642.jpg
    DSCN5642.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 119
Haven't started yet, but I'm stuffing and pan roasting a flank steak. I plan to make a side of seasoned grilled zucchini.

Cheese-filled agnolotti in browned butter seasoned with Italian seasoning, steamed green beans and toasted rosemary-garlic bread topped with 4-cheese blend. Iced for a chaser and Valentine candies for dessert. 'Nuff for us.

I made a Valentine's Day dinner of Italian food. I bought some "homemade" pasta from the store (lot better than the dry stuff), and I made some meatballs from scratch (fresh garlic, eggs, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, olive oil, etc.) in the the cast iron skillet. Then I poured a jar of homemade marinara sauce (Italian lady at church makes it from her grandma's recipe) in with the meatballs and finished it off in the oven.

Served with a nice $10 red wine. As you can see half of the wine is "missing", as the chef took it upon himself to "sample" the wine to make sure it was good enough to serve to the wife. :)

Attachments

• dinner.jpg
    dinner.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
I have a Choice ribeye thawing. I also have a ham bone thawing for psycho-poodle. There is a fire in the fireplace, and a bag of crunchy Cheetos in the pantry -- I didn't want to buy them, there was this guy with a gun to my head who made me do it. He got away with it, because I was the only person in the store who could see him. Very clever guy.

CD

Those gorgeous rib eyes look just like ours Beth!! I haven't salted mine yet though. Our whole asparagus will go into a baggie with olive oil/Italian herbs/garlic/salt and be roasted on the grill with the steaks. I'm trying to decide if I want to use my little V smoker like Kgirl has.

I have a Choice ribeye thawing. I also have a ham bone thawing for psycho-poodle. There is a fire in the fireplace, and a bag of crunchy Cheetos in the pantry -- I didn't want to buy them, there was this guy with a gun to my head who made me do it. He got away with it, because I was the only person in the store who could see him. Very clever guy.

CD

I feel your pain. I think I may have been accosted by that same Cheetos-hawking man. Several times a year I have an uncontrollable urge to buy a bag of those orange goodies and I HAVE NO GUILT about having orange-crusted fingers as I make my way through the bag.

Yep! That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!!!

Nice rib eyes, for sure....

I did up some beef ribs today at work and put the Le Creuset in the trunk of the car to come home..I have it reheating in the oven now and we'll have that with whipped garlic potatoes and green beans...

Nice rib eyes, for sure....

I did up some beef ribs today at work and put the Le Creuset in the trunk of the car to come home..I have it reheating in the oven now and we'll have that with whipped garlic potatoes and green beans...

Wow, those garlic potatoes must have been very, very naughty. :D

CD

I made TB a sausage skillet with Italian sausage, potatoes, red & yellow peppers, onion and cheese. I forgot the mushrooms but he was happy.

I had a small salad with the last of the corned beef. I chopped up the beef and romaine quite small and added shredded parmesan and lots of dressing to get it down my throat.

No Valentine in my life at the moment, so tonight was just dinner.

It was fairly warm out, so I pulled out the grill and gave it a good cleaning. And, well, since I already had it out, I decided to cook up a chicken. :chef:

img_1499079_0_1deec0c5f97b771b534179bb6032e347.jpg

Pan seared, butter basted at end filet mignons, finished some Maine lobster that had been partially cooked, vacusealed and frozen by butter basting. Sides were duchess potatoes and olive oil, S and P oven roasted brussel sprouts with some balsamic drizzled over them after they were done. No picture. I was trying to take one when one of the pugs jumped up on me, hit the plate and destroyed any semblance of plating.

Those gorgeous rib eyes look just like ours Beth!! I haven't salted mine yet though. Our whole asparagus will go into a baggie with olive oil/Italian herbs/garlic/salt and be roasted on the grill with the steaks. I'm trying to decide if I want to use my little V smoker like Kgirl has.

Did you? That sounds heavenly, lightly smoked Rib Steaks :yum: ooh and the veggies too!

Beth, I hope that all is well with you and yours <3

dinner @ sally b's.jpg

There's this small, local restaurant here in the next town up from us that I've been wanting to try for awhile; out front the sign simply says "Restaurant". I saw a special coupon for V-Day in the Clip-n-Save booklet in our mailbox last week... let's go!!
Prime Rib, potato, veg, soup or salad, a roll, a soft drink and dessert $31.99 for TWO!!! It was delicious and plentiful.
We decided to skip lunch and go for early supper, good thing too boy... they were crowded! When we left, there was folks sitting outside, waiting for a table.

DH: Why do you want to go have dinner so early?
Me: Do you know what day it is?
DH: Yeah, it's Tuesday.
:doh:

We talked over the weekend we might grill today. Dx was motivated more so to make dinner. She made lasagna like she made a couple weeks ago. Really good sauce, not quite the same as the doctored up jarred sauce we tend to make.

Baby green beans and salad. Black bottom cupcakes and Special K bars for dessert.

I found a special Valentine's card to give her.

Did you? That sounds heavenly, lightly smoked Rib Steaks :yum: ooh and the veggies too!

Beth, I hope that all is well with you and yours <3

Yep, I did use the little V smoker and the steaks and asparagus had the slightest amount of Mesquite smoke, since we like our steaks rare. Perfect!! :yum:

I just can't wait to hear Beth's steak dinner report!

Everyone had a wonderful sounding dinner, even without a Valentine!

Our home-aged seared steaks were delicious, although I learned a lesson - it's worth it to use cheesecloth for wrapping instead of paper towels. The towels stuck to the drying steaks and was a pain to remove.

I made twice-baked potatoes and salad from the garden as sides, as well as toasted homemade bread topped with seasoned goat cheese sweet & sour pickled peppers. Hand-made chocolates by a professional chocolatier friend for dessert. 0214172011a_HDR.jpg0214172134_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom