Hump Day 7/15/15 Dinner Plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
We will be eating hot dogs and ice cream cones;).

It is the monthly community pot luck and there are a bunch of aforementioned foods left over from the 4th of July party. No cooking for anyone, except the griller.

What are you having?

Almost the same. I got some brats that we'l grill up and have chips or potato salad and of course sauerkraut.

I'm brining a couple of boneless pork chops. I'll grill them and make a salad to go along side.

Too tired to cook. I grabbed some lettuce, etc. out of the garden and made a dressing with the maple balsamic vinegar I picked up on my ventures. Yum.

Gorgeous weather (today's high 22°C, 72°F), so Stirling grilled some burgers. He finally remembered to press a divot into the middle of each burger patty. That really did help keep them from "bunching up" so much.

I made Chinese soup because I had lots of assorted produce that needed to be cooked, and had some pot stickers in the freezer. A few cans of Swanson chicken broth with fridge door Asian magic made it happen. Yummm...once in a lifetime Chinese soup!

Last edited:
Today was a rough pain day but with my blood sugar problems of late I knew I had to eat so I ordered some light Chinese food - chicken chow mein and vegetable chop suey. It went down well.

Did a fish run today to Price Chopper, where they fry your fish while you wait. With an eye towards leftovers, I got about 2/3 pound each of scallops, shrimp, and cod. The guy behind the counter made a mistake on the shrimp, so they ended up free. That might be why they tasted extra-good. ;) Had homemade coleslaw with it, plus some pickled beets. Picked up a different brand from the corner store, where they carry a nice selection of Polish foods. Himself said these taste just like the ones his Mom used to make. Winner! :w00t2: Vienna Fingers for dessert, just because.

Gorgeous weather (today's high 22°C, 72°F)...
Thank you SO much for sending that our way! I literally watched the front move in, laying on the futon in the sun room watching the rain pour down while the trees were moving in two directions. There was your front bringing cool air battling another that came up the coast. I'm glad your front won!

We tried to carry on and be happy but that's hard to do.

We had grilled ribs, potato salad, and cantaloup for dessert.

My best friend from the Army passed away this morning. Ouch.

Back
Top Bottom