Hump Day menu 2-9-11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One idea is french onion soup - to help use up the "really good deal" DH got on a 10 pound bag of onions last week. :LOL:

I saw a recipe this morning for a french onion soup pizza. Let me know if you want and look for it again I'll type it up for you

Right now I am working on a project for a women who was diagnosed with cancer and is stay at some medical housing place.
The women decided to go vegan so I ended up being asked by someone in the community if I could make the women a handful of premade frozen meals that can be reheated..so I am working on a bunch of stuff for that...as for what I am actually eating..No idea

Wow, you're a good man Josh! :)

I made lasagna roll-up for dinner, with side salad and garlic bread.

Attachments

• LasagnaRollUps.jpg
    LasagnaRollUps.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 180
  • LasagnaRollUps_CU.jpg
    LasagnaRollUps_CU.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 168
Cold and snowing here today. The high was about 24F and, so far, we've gotten 6 inches of snow, with more predicted for tomorrow.

In view of today's weather, I deemed today a "soup" day. We had homemade chicken soup with fresh mushrooms and homemade noodles. I've been wanting cornbread for days, so I made a skillet of that for our bread. Finished up the "funeral" cake for dessert. We're full...and warm.

I'm bagged. I came home and tossed some chicken breasts in the oven with tomato sauce and mozza. Hoping it comes out tasting half decent. LOL. I'm too tired to even get up and turn on the light right now so I hope the family doesn't mind doing the rest of the dinner work.

I made two individual casseroles of leftover tri colored rice with porchini mushrooms, mixed with some peas on the bottom, then sliced chicken breast over that, and topped with cream of mushroom soup and paprika. Baked for 45 min. at 350.
We also had artichokes with mayo and Meyer lemon juice dip.

Beautiful Dave!!

Last edited:
I just finished last night's "planned" dinner tonight. Loin chops sautéed in butter with a wine gravy, creamed spinach and corn. When cleaning up I combined the pork/wine gravy and the white/onion sauce and it will find its way onto some sliced meatloaf tomorrow.

I found out today in my nutrition class, I can have 4 eggs a week...that's 2-two egg omelets! My bid for corned beef hash got shot down!

I had Shrek's left over chicken fried rice from the other night and a veggie spring roll.

WooHoo!!!!! James just asked if I want to do Chinese take-out! He isn't too crazy about Chinese, but he knows I love the food at Jin-Jin's. So we are having spring rolls and egg rolls, and James is having beef chow mein, and I am having beef and mushrooms. Yay!!!!!!! We are off to pick it up now. :cool:

:)Barbara
P.S. Jin-Jin is the only place that was open the night James arrived in South Carolina Christmas Eve 2001, so that is the first place we ate when he moved here. :cool:

My Commodities box today had two large cans of chicken breast so dinner was changed to chicken salad on 12 grain bread.

Plus, the kitchen stayed clean.:LOL:

Tonight is going to be a smorgasbord of leftovers - Pizza, black bean quesadillas, brown rice, fettuccine with garlic, mushrooms, roasted red peppers, asparagus, goat cheese, etc. and a green salad, and whatever else I can find in my refrigerator.

Chicken Fajitas here, with fresh made Pico de Gallo. I'm so amazed when I read these post, such derailed menus....We try to keep it simple during the week, otherwise we would be eating at 8 or 9 every night lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Cooking

I saw a recipe this morning for a french onion soup pizza. Let me know if you want and look for it again I'll type it up for you

Wow, you're a good man Josh! :)

Feeling under the weather. I made tuna salad and egg salad with mayo, chopped celery and onion. We had sandwiches on toasted whole grain bread for dinner.

Sorry, Dave, I just saw this! Yes, I would LOVE that recipe! Sounds very interesting to me!

Again you have made a wonderful dinner. I think I will stop cooking and just start hanging around your place near mealtimes ;)

Sorry, Dave, I just saw this! Yes, I would LOVE that recipe! Sounds very interesting to me!

Again you have made a wonderful dinner. I think I will stop cooking and just start hanging around your place near mealtimes ;)

Thanks!~ :chef: I'll find that recipe tonight and get it typed up. I'm getting a night off from cooking this evening so I'll have time to type it up. I have 3 others to type up tonight too... :angel:

BTW we usually eat dinner around 6 - 6:30. :)

Back
Top Bottom