Hump Day menu 2-9-11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabbur

Master Chef
I took a London Broil out of the freezer so will cook that. Have some potatoes that need to used but not sure how they will be cooked yet. Going to the grocery so will get some veggies or salad fixin's there. Thinking of scalloped pineapple for dessert. Whachya makin' at your place?

Chicken and greens of some sort...if I can't stop for the greens, I will use baby spinach. Rice, of course...have to try out the rice cooker.

Don't know yet as not sure who will be here for dinner and how everyone is feeling (up most of the night with Dad's cough and my leg cramps).

One idea is french onion soup - to help use up the "really good deal" DH got on a 10 pound bag of onions last week. :LOL:

Don't know yet as not sure who will be here for dinner and how everyone is feeling (up most of the night with Dad's cough and my leg cramps).

One idea is french onion soup - to help use up the "really good deal" DH got on a 10 pound bag of onions last week. :LOL:

Well I'll be there, and I'm feeling pretty good ~~ After I "mush" my way there I'll be pretty hungry...French Onion Soup (and something chocolate) sounds great...:)

Well I'll be there, and I'm feeling pretty good ~~ After I "mush" my way there I'll be pretty hungry...French Onion Soup (and something chocolate) sounds great...:)

Sounds great Uncle B, I'll open the window a crack so you can follow the heavenly scent of caramelizing onions! I am making some of my triple chocolate brownies for a youth event and need someone to do quality control. I think I even have time to whip up a batch of chocolate sorbet!

Sounds great Uncle B, I'll open the window a crack so you can follow the heavenly scent of caramelizing onions! I am making some of my triple chocolate brownies for a youth event and need someone to do quality control. I think I even have time to whip up a batch of chocolate sorbet!

No need to crack the window (lets in to much cold air)...I've upgraded the dog sled....it has a GPS system aboard. :LOL: I did my doctoral thesis on Chocolate Brownies:ermm: Quality control is a specialty! :)

I have leftover fried beef liver I put in the freezer when I got my toothache. I'm going to cut it into nuggets and simmer low & slow in a white sauce thanks to an inspiration from LPB when she mentioned creamed ham on toast yesterday. I think I'll put some green beans in it too, and serve over cornbread.:chef:

Right now I am working on a project for a women who was diagnosed with cancer and is stay at some medical housing place.
The women decided to go vegan so I ended up being asked by someone in the community if I could make the women a handful of premade frozen meals that can be reheated..so I am working on a bunch of stuff for that...as for what I am actually eating..No idea

Right now I am working on a project for a women who was diagnosed with cancer and is stay at some medical housing place.
The women decided to go vegan so I ended up being asked by someone in the community if I could make the women a handful of premade frozen meals that can be reheated..so I am working on a bunch of stuff for that...as for what I am actually eating..No idea

That is AWESOME. You go and bless you, Josh!!

For myself I think I will grill a piece of tilapia and have it with salad for supper.

That's a really nice thing for you to do Josh.:flowers:
I'd have a terrible time coming up with vegan dishes.

For our dinner, I'm thinking about something to do with chicken breasts and leftover tri colored rice. Will post with what I come up with later.

PS
What the heck is "Hump Day"??

Last edited:
That's a really nice thing for you to do Josh.:flowers:
I'd have a terrible time coming up with vegan dishes.

For our dinner, I'm thinking about something to do with chicken breasts and leftover tri colored rice. Will post with what I come up with later.

PS
What the heck is "Hump Day"??

You must be kidding, but JIC Wednesday is hump day, the middle of the week and downhill from there.:ROFLMAO:

Thanks guys.
It's not a problem for me, I was vegan for five years and made everything from sratch so the project is a lot of fun for me. I'm just putting my own meals off to the side and making myself fast and simple dishes.
I feel like Im doing some sort of Iron Chef Challenge having to make foods that reheat well is no easy task

I just go back from the store and have made a major change in dinner. The London Broil will be put off for another night this week since the grocery had apple cherry stuffed pork chops on sale. They looked so good! So I will cook them tonight with scalloped potatoes and salads. They also had strawberries on sale BOGO on the 1 lb packages so picked up 2 of those.

I've got leftover Velveeta Rotel Queso dip, a few chicken wings and some guacamole from Super Bowl, plus some baked chicken meat...

So it's Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas... should be interesting!

It looks like I have lazed my day away and lost the desire to do my grocery shopping, so I'm not sure what we will have. I had to buy a few things at the grocery store last night, and they had DiGiorno (sp?) self-rising pizzas for $5, so I got 2 Supremes for James and 2 4-cheese for me (I add my own pepperoni, mushrooms, and black olives to it), so even though we had canned biscuit pizzas for lunch we might have pizza, or we might have hot dogs. Too early to call it. :LOL:

:)Barbara

You must be kidding, but JIC Wednesday is hump day, the middle of the week and downhill from there.:ROFLMAO:

Nope, wasn't kidding, Z.;) Never heard the term before, but now it makes sense. When I was working I sure looked forward to weekends, now every day is a weekend. :LOL:
I sure knew about TGIF.

Grind'n our own hamburgers......and use'n store bought, previously frozen buns.:ermm:

So, burgers and fries here. Yep, frozen "fast food type" fries.(like mcd's) :D

Back
Top Bottom