I cooked!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
update

ok. So it's been a few weeks since I started "cooking"........ and I have to say that it has not been easy-- lots of burned food here and there.
but the campellsellect site is actually pretty good with tons of easy recipes with ingredients that are easy to find and easy to cook.
So little by little I think that I can start cooking better-- my toddler likes it so far--
I am starting the south beach diet-- so I can't eat a lot of the stuff that I will cook-- except meats-- I will eat with salads instead of rice--
but all in all I am becoming a "little chef" like in the movie ratatouille:chef: LOL

WooHoo, Madame Butterfly!!! You should be very proud of yourself. As someone who came here with absolutely no kitchen skills and a lot of kitchen fires under my belt, I remember how great it felt to make food that my kids actually liked! Heck, that I actually liked! Keep at it and it will get even better. (No more terror at the idea of someone coming for dinner.) Oh, and start practicing making cookies and cupcakes now. One day soon, your little toddler will be off to school and you can be "the mom who bakes"!

congrats!!!

it takes trail and error, but you'll eventually be remembered by your kid(s) as a great cook someday, and they'll fondly think of how mom used to make things.

Butterfly----cause you're blossoming.................follow my mother-in-law's advice and she was an awesome cook.........anything that you've botched chuck it into the garbage and order takeout...............don't tell a soul.......what they don't know won't hurt them..........that was her advice........her worst kitchen disaster? making a banana cake from green bananas...........she said it was so baaaaaaaaaaaad!!! I still can't even conceive of her cooking something bad.....she was such a great cook.......with food prices going up now shop the Wed. specials (if you live in the states and the ads come out usually in the paper) plan your recipes around them as well..........ever so often they will put beef top sirloin, pork tenderloin, and chicken breasts on sale........those are easy recipes to adapt to............Allrecipes is a great internet site to also go to for advice.........what I like I about them is that they rate the recipes...........if they are yuck.......they are fairly open about how they've adapted the recipes to turn out well, too

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom