I Have The NEED to FEED Fri. 2/24/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
We have some leftover Spanish rice to which I will add a protein and a veggie. I'm thinking a grilled kielbasa (not made at home or vertically stuffed).

What about you guys? Do you have the need for feed?

We went out for dinner last evening. Tonight, it will be Canadian meat pie that has been in the freezer since Christmas and probably a side salad and/or green beans.

I'm thinking a grilled kielbasa (not made at home or vertically stuffed).

Ifn' you wanna use convenience food and call it cooking I suppose that is ok. :LOL:

We are heading out tonight as Kathleen has an event at work that I will be joining her at.

Turkey neck meat in gravy made with the stock, baked potato and summer squash medley.

Today is fish day in our rotation diet.

Lunch is going to be a repeat of the wonderful tuna melts we had last Friday - mine on squirrely flax bread and DH's on his potato flax bread. I will have Havarti and he will have Swiss.

For Dinner he is at his afternoon job so I am sending along salmon potato patties with brown rice and fruit salsa. I will take the same thing up and eat with Dad.

Oh, and I am making some baked custard to take to Dad (who is not eating his meals) so each of us will have one of those as well! :yum:

I made up some soup from a recipe I found in a Mediterranean Light cookbook. Will be eating it for lunch and supper. Quick and easy...

It is called Garlic Soup Madrileno.
Olive oil
6 cloves garlic
1 lb cut up tomatoes(I used a 28 oz can)
Bay leaf
1/2 tsp paprika
4 cups water or stock(I used vegetable stock)
Fresh Parsley, Pepper and salt, to taste.

Saute garlic in olive oil for a few minutes, Add all of the other ingredients and simmer for about 20 minutes. Then process it with a hand blender or food processor to your desired consistency. Done. It is good stuff. Gonna eat it with some crusty bread that is almost out of the oven.

Last edited:
My friends took me out for a fantastic meal last night--I had a lovely seafood plate (1/2 lobster, shrimp, scallops, crab cake, clams, and a starter of raw oysters on the 1/2 shell), creamy coleslaw with jalapeno peppers and a salt-encrusted baked potato. It was delicious. Tonight my best friend's DH is roasting Cornish game hens, making quinoa with roasted veggies for a side, and I don't know what else. I only have to clean up the kitchen afterwards! A nice treat to be fed after 2 weeks of cooking for my ever-so-fussy dad and my mom who's tastes change daily. It is a good thing I'm going home next week, I could get used to this!

Last edited:
I hadn't taken anything out because we usually go to our friends' Friday night. We have to put that off until tomorrow, so we will be eating at home. We have about 8 quarts of potato soup left from last night, so we will most likely be having potato soup. :cool::yum:

I made up some soup from a recipe I found in a Mediterranean Light cookbook. Will be eating it for lunch and supper. Quick and easy...

It is called Garlic Soup Madrileno.
Olive oil
6 cloves garlic
1 lb cut up tomatoes(I used a 28 oz can)
Bay leaf
1/2 tsp paprika
4 cups water or stock(I used vegetable stock)
Fresh Parsley, Pepper and salt, to taste.

Saute garlic in olive oil for a few minutes, Add all of the other ingredients and simmer for about 20 minutes. Then process it with a hand blender or food processor to your desired consistency. Done. It is good stuff. Gonna eat it with some crusty bread that is almost out of the oven.

Sounds yummy. I may just make this. Oh phooey, it will have to wait for another day. I'm out of fresh parsley and DH and I both have the dreaded lurgy and won't be going outside, especially with a snow storm starting.

We went out for dinner last evening. Tonight, it will be Canadian meat pie that has been in the freezer since Christmas and probably a side salad and/or green beans.

You're eating CANADIANS???? :eek::unsure:Um...maybe I won't be visiting anytime soon! ;)

Dinner tonight will be a lovely sandwich on the bus. I'm off to visit my sister and since the weather is going to be crap I'm bussing it.

You're eating CANADIANS???? :eek::unsure:Um...maybe I won't be visiting anytime soon! ;)

Dinner tonight will be a lovely sandwich on the bus. I'm off to visit my sister and since the weather is going to be crap I'm bussing it.
Thank you for the laugh! (James said, "Alix is gross!" LOL).

I'm making French onion soup. I'm following the recipe in Julia Child's The Way to Cook. I'm following it to the letter, except for the the gratiné part. I'm using store bought whole grain wheat baguette instead of homemade French bread and I don't have any Swiss cheese (which Swiss?) or Jack, so I will probably substitute some gouda.

Back
Top Bottom